THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with cutting points at 2k

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

Help with cutting points at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 14:29

I'm trying to come up with a list for all comers but focusing on TAU because my brother plays them. I'm trying to cut down on points but don't know where to begin. I am at a whooping 2175 for a 2k. I'm stuck and need some help.
Archon 165
venom blade
huskblade
soul trap
PGL
Shadowfield
Grotesques x4 165
Liquifier
Aberration
Venom blade
Raider 70
Nightshields
Trueborn x4 108
Blasters x4
Trueborn x4 108
Blasters x4
Warriors x5 60
Blaster
Warriors x5 60
Blaster
Warriors x5 60
Blaster
Warriors x5 60
Blaster
Wyches x5 60
Haywire x5
Wyches x5 60
Haywire x5
Venoms x8 600
Splinter cannon x8
Nightshields x8
Reavers x9 249
Heat lance x3
Champ
Venom Blade
Ravager x3 345
Nightshields x3
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 14:58

I would drop the reaver squad down, you are not running short on anti-tank weapons. With the venoms I don't run night shields, because all the units you have are going to be close up on the enemy. same goes for the raider transporting the grots and archon. I think that should just about do it. Getting rid of the night shields will free up 90 points, then dropping the reavers down to 6 frees up another 71 points. that drops you down 161 points, and I would look into dropping either your abberration and just run 4 grots, or your champion in the reaver squad, which ever one you feel does not need the leadership bonus. I would say the abberration because you have super archon to take challenges anyway. Let me know what you think?
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 15:14

Yea I was afraid the night shields had to go but I love them so much. I figure the reaver squad would have to go down in size. However, I'm thinking about dropping the reavers all together, which would free up 79 points for 2k list but not sure what to use for the remaining points
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 15:25

I kept the night shields on the ravagers, because they should hug the back of the board. I would keep the reaves, because I have heard that they do great, but I play coven lists so I dont employ them. If you do decide to get rid of the reavers, I would definitely give your abberration a flesh gauntlet, for taking challenges that you would like to keep you archon away from, such as daemon princes and things. Everything else looks really good a well put together list I would say.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 15:28

pehldog63 wrote:
Please delete. For some reason it posted this topic twice
Deleted the other one as this one had replies.

If you go that route and free up 79 points, I would contemplate getting a Haemonculous for the Grot/Archon boat - giving the Archon furious charge will provide nice synergy with the entire purpose of your Huskblade/soul trap combo.

Haem w. Liquifier Gun and Shattershard - 75 points. Archon gets FNP, and FC, Grots get FC, Haem can sit in boat and flame at targets of opportunity. You could also build the Archon to come along on the assaults with you, and it would give you a third option for challenge shenanigans.

Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitimeSun May 05 2013, 00:32

Thanks for the feedback. I was also leaning toward the haemonculous and maybe some flesh guantlets also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with cutting points at 2k   Help with cutting points at 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with cutting points at 2k
Page 1 of 1