THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

[1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oddball
Slave
Oddball

[1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help Empty
PostSubject: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2019, 07:33

Dear archons and fellow degenerates of commorragh,
I'm trying to design a full or semi-ynnari list for a semi-competitive tournament; no super heavies, CA 2018 missions, worst example of meta chasing was probably the inclusion of two leviathans one year.
Though whatever I theory-craft together, from wraithseer (supreme command with on seer and two triumvirate characters) to my (small) detachment of harlies, looks pretty flimsy. Gunlines (AM with DA and admech with cawl) are usually tough matchups for me.

Here's one of the better looking ideas so far.

Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [52 PL, 8CP, 981pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

The Yncarne 5. Shield of Ynnead, 6. Ancestors' Grace

Yvraine 1. Gaze of Ynnead, 4. Unbind Souls

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors
. 3x Kabalite Warrior

Kabalite Warriors
. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [41 PL, 4CP, 766pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon
. Lhamean
. Sslyth

Detachment CP [5CP]

Detachment Type: Ynnari Detachment

Exalted of Ynnead [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Archon : Hungering Blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Power sword, Splinter pistol, Walker of Many Paths, Warlord

The Visarch

+ Troops +

Wyches
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 17x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

Wyches
. 3x Wych

Wyches
. 3x Wych

+ Elites +

Incubi x5

Incubi x5

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider /w Disintegrator cannon

Raider /w Disintegrator cannon

++ Total: [93 PL, 12CP, 1,747pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2019, 21:12

Excited to see a list like this. Looks pretty solid. I'm putting something similar together and will be trying it out tonight in prep for a tournament in two weeks. May have additional insight after tonight.

1) My biggest question/concern is the 19 wych blob. I could see deep striking it and trying to charge turn 2. The only reason I have never tried this is the possibility of failing the 9" charge (even with reroll) and leaving them in the lurch. Do you or other archons have a plan for that? I always run small groups but the possibility of the big group getting an extra attack each is interesting.

2) Sslyth and lhamean inclusion. I also found room for these guys and am happy that I'm not the only one going in this direction. The bodyguard for the archons seemed pretty unnecessary in the past, but with hungering blade and walker the archon might actually be worth protecting now. Lhamean could be good for taking one for the team if the transport blows, or for sending off somewhere to summon the Yncarne.

3) -1CP to use exalted of Ynnead. To give reborn archon walker of many paths I assume. Love it and is the same thing I plan to do with my hungering blade archon. Am I missing your free first warlord trait though? I was going to keep cunning and writ of the living muse on my blackheart warlord as well. One of my biggest questions in my list was is it worth running both cunning and walker of many paths. I want to assure I get one CP back every round but is that overkill? I do plan on having the reborn walker in a transport turn one and he is more likely to get into action and die. I guess time or fellow archons could tell.

Looking forward to what our fellow Archons say about your list.
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Slave
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 00:19

Thank you for your reply DingWop. Good luck with the pre-game. I'd love to hear how it went.

1) The wyches will either be running up the table with the yncarne's morale-aura or deep strike. I'm hoping they can be used for board-control/objective grabbing. That being said, their inclusion is also a result of me trying to figure out what to do with the Ynnari rules; without them the only things that I really get are better incubi, the warlord and ustrats/psychic powers-synergies.

2) I had a few points lying around, but not enough to buy something really useful. I've also found they're kind of useful in highly aggressive lists. They're pretty much the only things I'm comfortable leaving behind, so they make for good objective holders with their small sculpts.

3) That's just me not paying attention. He's supposed to have womp and hungering blade for free.

I find balancing these lists is very hard. You need a strong unnamed character lest you waste a lot of the Ynnari power. You need to have a lot of CP, so two battalions is probably neccessary. If nothing else, if you want to include the full triumvirate, it's hard to avoid without resorting to supreme command detachments. Then you want MSU to help the Yncarne pop about. And preferably a blob, because the Ynnari characters want that sweet sweet soul stuff. And a lot of melee units, since SfD is really only useful if you have more than one unit engaged in melee on your opponents turn (and on the charge turn 1-2, obviously).
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 04:53

Unfortunately my test run was a bit anticlimactic. They went first and we called the game after my first turn as it was concluded they were pretty much knocked out of the game at the end of round one. Admittedly I was rolling hot on the saves and then on the attacks. With their weapons shooting between 18-24" it didn't feel like they could threaten the ravagers enough, nor concentrate the fire to destroy enough units. They couldn't win a gun battle and had to come in range of my CC elements which combined with the ravagers to alpha (beta?) strike them out of the game. Oh and they killed a reaver unit so yncarne could jump over and obliterated their hive tyrant. It didn't feel like a fair game.

I brought 1250pts:
typical black heart spearhead (writ warlord, 3 ravagers, 2 raiders)
yanarri battalion (yncarne, hungering blade archon, 3 squads of 5 wyches, 2 squads of 3 reavers, sslyth)

Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 05:00

I'd be interested in hearing how the large wych blob works for you.

I'm trying to get value out of yannari by using:
1) small squads to teleport yncarne around and lock up shooty things
2) fight first with wyches, reavers, etc
3) hungering blade/womp on archon seems strong
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Slave
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 08:07

Sounds brutal. Too bad it wasn't much of a game.

I've only used the triumvirate twice before, a few months back, both times with the wych blob.

The first game
was Beachead against ultramarines. 1750-2000 points game, can't really recall.
He brought Marneus Calgar, intercessors, two dreadnoughts, two squads of infiltrators and probably a bunch of other things I've forgotten.
I brought a patrol of harlequins, twenty wyches on foot and two five-girl squads, a nine man squad of reavers, a squad of incubi, the full triumvirate, transports and possibly a ravager or two.

The infiltrators forced me to slog the blob, but they got through turn one relatively unscathed (one third/half losses I believe, but protected from morale due to the Yncarne). I crashed the bikes into his ranks, and Calgar trashed them in his turn one. Turn two I pretty much threw my entire list into his ranks, but held the middle objective with Yvraine, and my base objective with a squad of  five wyches. I didn't kill a lot with the Drukhari units, but the Yncarne and the harlies did some work. Fortunately I managed to use aeldari shenaningans: flip belt, rising crescendo and the "resurrection" stratagem helped me steal his objective for a turn, giving me control of all three objectives for a turn. The rest of the game consisted of him wiping me out and desperately advancing down the board from his side to get to the actual objectives, but me still narrowly winning anyway. The only survivors were the five wyches holding my home objective. Calgar was not impressed by his boss's girl and slew her in single combat.

TL;DR I threw everything in his face and stole his home objective through shock and awe. He couldn't purge my xenos backside before I snagged enough points to win.

The second game was against admech. Can't recall a lot of details, but we played the mission where you get to move the objective markers. We also had a huge foam block/structure between us and used dawn of war deployment - we pretty much hid our entire armies against the wall and stormed up on it in turn one. The game was set up to become an absolute slaughter, with the objectives being centered on the middle platoform, which played to my advantage. The girls did some serious work if I recall things correctly, but this is something of an outlier since the location of the markers and the terrain played very much to my advantage. I could get them up in his face pretty much instantly and he, like a true son of Mars, had trouble shifting them once they got outside artillery range and inside hugging distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help   [1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[1750] Cutting it with the triumvirate: please help
Page 1 of 1