THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pauks818
Slave
Pauks818

Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches Empty
PostSubject: Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches   Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 12:19

Blaster Warriors: 125

5 warriors
1 w/ blaster
~inside Venom w/ 2nd cannon

~VS~

Haywire Wyches:125

5 wyches
all w/ haywire grenades
~inside venome w/ 2nd cannon

Which do you think is the better value?

In what instances does one out-perform the other?

Which is more role-specific (AT / AI) & which is more multi-purpose?

Does being more multi-purpose affect its over-all effectiveness?

Share what you think.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches   Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 13:05

I'll bite although there's many factors for different builds in the specific two you've listed I would say warriors are more general purpose and wyches more role specific.

Hard to say which is better value because it depends but I would lean towards warriors simply due to their ranged presence. The addition or absence of 20 splinter rifles will be felt over the course of a game.

I feel wyches are straight better when faced with opposing disruption elements in your face, specifically dreadnoughts and MCs due to haywire and 4+ dodge-duck-dive-and-dodge save. Such units will rampage through a backfield full of warriors but can be tied up or even destroyed by a unit of wyches.

Warriors are IMO better in general simply because they bring ranged weaponry that gives the option the shoot from cover, force grounding tests for FMCs and have 5+ armour for explodes tests although this last doesn't matter all that much. It can be argued that wyches can also shoot and it'd true but obviously far less effectively.

Either choice gets better in multiples with wyches really benefiting from multiple units due to saturation and the deadliness of hwg's vs Mech. To this point I'm more familiar and comfortable with warriors using wyches for the roles mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches   Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 14:10

You'll also find this discussed here:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5634-wych-venom-vs-warrior-venom
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Pauks818
Slave
Pauks818

PostSubject: Re: Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches   Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 17:44

Cheers! Thats perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches   Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bluelight Special -- Blaster Warriors or Haywire Wyches
Page 1 of 1