THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really

Go down 
+5
Gobsmakked
xzandrate
Balisong
Thor665
alexwellace
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really Empty
PostSubject: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 18:57

Before saying no, hear me out. I run Eldar allies with my dark elder, having pathfinders as my troops to do what dark elder don't do well, camp. I was thinking of adding the haemonculi for a special rule we dark elder take for granted. Night vision. I find that every game I'm preying for night fighting and even rolling strategic just for the extra chance, but when night fighting is up my pathfinders can't get any kills. So I was thinking of adding a haemonculus to the unit with a hex rifle, so he can do something and a liquefier because if they get charged its a good chance its by reavers or such other fast things in my meta. And a cover ignoring template might persuade him to turn there attentions elsewhere. I would start with wyches so they get pain token obviously.

Is there a down side to this? Is 60-70 pts to much for just night vision? Also I want to see the hex rifle do something, and the whole unit is gunning for same thing usually. Support HQ's like Ethereals and sorcerers and such or monsterous creatures (he could roll a 6!). What's the idea on hex rifles at the moment, anytime they done something amazing?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 20:06

It's not a terrible idea insomuch as it is a sniper unit with a sniper HQ, something we otherwise lack.
And it's not that the Hexrifle is inherently a bad weapon, it's just got nowhere to serve a real purpose in a DE centric build.

I personally, with RJBS, wouldn't be scared of one Liquifier if I wanted to assault snipers, and would tend to drop that since the unit should either be sniping, or being murdered in h2h, so there's not much point to the extra weapon purchase.

I would certainly agree with your idea of getting the pain token stuck elsewhere.

As to whether or not it is worth it...eh, depends on what the rest of your army is fielding and how tight you are on points and HQs.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 22:16

I like to put a haemie with a Hexrifle in a Venom with Splinterborn.

They start out with FNP and the hex has the same range as the Spinter Cannons.

Makes them a little more survivable when the venom inevitably gets popped.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 12:57

This is probably more viable for an Eldar player adding DE allies.

I was looking at the exact same thing for my girlfriends Eldar army. She really want's a squad of beasts, so the idea was going to be a 5 wych venom bomb, with a Hexrifle hamie. Obviously, alot of fidgeting with the wyches and haemie to start, and limited movement, but it is cheap access to what she wants from the army.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 23:25

For quite a while last year I was taking 3 Haemies, all with a VB, Liquifier and a Hexrifle. I attached each one to a squad of Wracks with a Liquifier and an Acothyst with another Hexrifle. So I had 2 Hexrifles and 2 Liquifiers in each squad and they could camp out and take pot shots whilst doing so, and if anything came near them they had the 2 templates on hand to help defend themselves. One nice thing about the Hexrifle is you can shoot on the move, too, if you need to.

I did it just for laughs and they worked quite well, the Hexrifles can be quite surprising for some opponents. But they were very specific units for very specific purposes. In your case, it is a lot of points to add one ability to a unit, but if you want to try it, why not?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 23:43

I saw this and started thinking you could have 6 haemes all with liquifiers and hex rifles. Split them into twos and put them with 3 man wrack squads with acothysts armed hex rifles in venoms. The venoms would have night shields and dual cannons.
That gives each squad two flamers, 3 hex rifles and the splinter fire.
Would be a fun thing to try although all the above costs 840 points pale
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 08:59

You could run Hex Haemie's with Trueborn shooting for when shooting at elite troops/HQ's - Haemie Hexrifle 4 Trueborn (2 w/ SC's 2 w/ DL's)

If you run Eldar allies, your Farseer could Prescience these guys. Haemie gives FnP after your cover saves too
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 17:43

I turned a Chaos lord to glass first turn, check out my report 'Hexrifles for the win!' in the realspace raids section
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 06:35

A lot of anti terrain stuff eg Tau with some tokens and then your toast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really   Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hex Rifle Haemy! No, really
Page 1 of 1