THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1200pts part 6

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 19:09

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6255-1200pts-of-deldar-pt5

Part six of my quest.
New purchase this week was another Venom, so in week six, I must make use of six venoms Smile

Kabalitesx5, Blaster, Venom, SC
Kabalitesx5, Blaster, Venom, SC
Wychesx5, Haywire, Venom, SC

Ravager
NS

Ravager
NS

Archon
Hb, Drugs
Incubix4
Venom, SC

Cronos

Seven Spare Points.
I want the cronos blaster, but dont really see what I could drop, an incubi? Seems a lot to drop.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 19:43

I had to double check the math to be sure but ya your archon isnt taking a shadow field?! At that point you may as well just take a haemie or even a succubus instead... free drugs and 4++ in combat. No HB but without the SF the archons not worth it IMO, not in 4 incubi.

Requiring 6 venoms does make it difficult but heres what I see:

-lose the night shields and blasters to get the shadowfield and spirit vortex.
-Or, alternately, just lose the chronos which is probably the best option overall.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 20:09

I find my Archon either fluffs his S/F, or doesnt need it, by virtue of killing everything first.
A Succybus is good, but, no ID, now if she could have a HB!!!
Turn Two Charge from a Venom limits incoming fire

If I ditch the Cronos, and add a SF, that leaves 57pts, thoughts? Klaivex with Bloodstone Soul Trap?

Its just a lot of pts in that small unit.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 20:58

Ya thats why I took a break from deathwing for a bit.. stinking 1's!!!! Actually thats not the reason but I do roll lots of 1's. otoh my archon has been pretty lucky shrugging fire and ID'ing MCs left and right.

Hmmm the chronos could stay as-is for an 80 pt bullet catcher running it forward to draw heat.
Then its just a matter of dropping the blasters for a SF or else leaving the list as it stands. The only thing is a shadow field should significantly increase the survivability of the squad even if only for a short while..sometimes indefinitely.

I like the idea of swapping the blasters out. Good as they can be now and again they often just whiff in less than 3s opening them up for retaliation plus you have 3 wych squads and the option for HWGs on the archon. Pretty much just dedicates the warriors to dakka and their damn good at it for 45 pts. Also gives you the option to just camp 2 squads and run a couple empty venoms in case your opponent pops the incubi's ride early.

I like the klaivex with bloodstone in theory but as you say its a lot of pts and not really needed.

Another option would be to make one warrior squad into blasterborn. Ya ravagers are better but it keeps with the 6 venoms theme.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 15:19

"Archon
Hb, Drugs
Incubix4
Venom, SC"

I tried this but i think 5-6 Incubi in a raider with eather sails is better ( and the 11 vs 10 armour does help) .. you loose 1 incubi and your up for a morale check with 4. I dont run the arcon anymore as a haemi with 6-7 incubi ( and the Pain token ) is enough .

I dont like the Cronos either its slow and you dont want your army to stay in an area just to cover it ... i always get 3 Ravengers unless i have a very good plan . First turn you have 9 lances , you loose 1 you have 6 .. .. once you take out his heavy weapons , life is a lot easier for your transports and you can control the game picking pieces of him . Consider with 6 lances if his tank takes out 1 , you have 3 tubes vs what he has..
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 23:21

Played Tau
He was slightly over, so I added ghost plate, and that saved my bacon
He had rip tide, suit with a dozen marker lights, two broadsides, hammerhead, couple of squads of firewarriors, and some deepstriking stealth suits.

I got deployment and he failed initiative.
Everything went straight forwards, Ravagers shot at the rip tide, nothing. I have history with big things, so four Venoms later, it drops its last wound and was smote down to the ground.
Two Wych Venoms flat outed next to the Hammered head, and the Cronos Ran.

He moved a fire warrior squad and rained hell fire upon my wyches, blowing both transports, killing 7 wyches, and a further one death by breaking and running in to Fire Warriors. Another venom (kabalites) blown by fire warriors and two die
And that was it.....

I advance more, my archon de bebusses to in front of a firewarrior squad.
The Ravagers kill the broadsides, the kabalites and their venom kill some fire warriors, the wyches nade the hammerhead and immobilise it, the cronos kills a few drones and gets FNP.
The archon and his guard charge a Firewarrior squad, he fluffs and kill one, the incubi kill 5, and the fish eyed gits insane heroism and dont let me wipe them.

His stealth drop in, they nuke a ravager, the Commander does for another, bit of other shooting, Archon wipes the fire warriors.

Wyches blow the hammerhead, other fire warriors are shot down, Cronos killed 5/7 stealth suits, everything charges the commander, I declare a challenge, incubi and wyches smash drones, archon fluffs his attack, one wound saved on invuln, commander his back, three wounds, I roll three fours, thank god he was over.....

All he has left is a couple of stealth suits.
They fluff their shooting, and four venoms liquidise them in a hail of splinter fire
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 01:28

Thanks for the report .. do you think getting the Chonos was worth it ? The extra ravenger could have helped smooth out the bad luck early on vs the riptide...
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 07:36

It didnt do much to be honest, it got a couple of decent hits, drew a bit of fire, another Ravager might have done more, but you can never really be sure.
I'm just not much of a fan of taking three Ravagers

As it was, the Rip Tide went down to a hail of splinter fire anyway

To be honest, its main function is to draw fire away from the Archons Venom
Its a huge amount of points in that, so a great deal of my strategy is keeping the other guys eyes somewhere else. Either by having something that looks scarier on the field (cronos) or flat outing wyches in to his DZ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1200pts part 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts part 6   1200pts part 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1200pts part 6
Page 1 of 1