THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necron Problem

Go down 
+3
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Local_Ork
GrenAcid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 22:19

Hi it might sound funny...but I have little problem with my buddy necrons.

Thing is I know I have to phase out him and ignore rest....but is ther a way to avoid his warriors teleport out of combat??

My last game prove me I have bad luck with them....for 3 turns mz 20 wracks, incubi archon and squad of beasts kill mazbe 12-14 warriors thanks to his monolit(and we were playing all-around deffence wich might be the main problem here).

ps.
Dose sweep advance prevent form WWB roll??

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 22:30

You may want to blow up his Monolith first. It can teleport and reroll WWB units with "Necron" rules. Only thing that works out are Wyches tho. Pack some scourges with HB, stun/shake that fat bastard and blow up in CC
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 23:10

GrenAcid wrote:
ps.
Dose sweep advance prevent form WWB roll??
You only get a WBB roll of there is another model of the same type alive within 6". This applies to individual models, not the entire unit. If you Sweeping Advance and none of the models 'died' within 6" of a 'living' unit of Warriors, then they all go. But, any models that can be WBB'd become a part of the unit that allowed them to. The upshot of this is that you still get the Kill Point, and your opponent gets a unit bigger than it started.

As for phasing out Necrons, the best way of doing that if a Monolith is present is spreading the pain around instead of focusing on one target. That is more than a little counter-intuitive to a Dark Eldar player, but it works.
Take down 19 Warriors from one unit, and he can get most of them back from the WBB re-roll. Take eight out of two different units, and he can only get that precious re-roll on one unit. Rinse and repeat until you see green.

Although if your opponent's dice rolls are really that hot, Haywire is the only way to go with the Monolith. Don't even bother Lancing it; one more dead Necron Warrior is a better use of your darklight weaponry.

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 03:53

This problem was discussed in Hashmals discussion thread, not so long ago (page 4). Consensus was:

Models destroyed in an assault can be brought back, if there are models of the same type are within 6" or a Warp Spyder within 12", but models destroyed by sweeping advance can not.
Sweeping advance forbids to make any saves or use any special rules that may save or bring back models, unless specified otherwise. And WBB does not specificly work against sweeping advance.

Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 06:19

That's how the Necron players I've played against have clarified it for me, at least. Much as it pains me, the logic makes sense to me. I'm just loathe to take away from Necron players - they've suffered enough.

At least our old codex was good in 5th edition...

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
ThePhish
Hellion

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 16:36

The quickest way to preven the monolith from being effective is a boatload of wyches assaulting it with haywire grenades. Make sure you block off the portal with your wyches and as long as you can keep it from moving, nothing can come out of it. It also can't fire it's big blast since it would be targeting itself. Enough haywires and you'll keep it from shooting anything else either.

As mentioned earlier though, use Dark lances and blasters on the warriors to instant death them and prevent them from coming back.

Sweeping advance does prevent wbb.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 18:00

The only other option is to annihilate the unit, if you can, since I think that stops them being able to be brought back through the Monolith. It'd be easier to simply spread the pain around though, in most cases.

Necron Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Problem   Necron Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron Problem
Page 1 of 1