THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) Empty
PostSubject: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 12:48

I have put the video up for the talos/cronos engine magnetisation:

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

-Kiblams

Last edited by kiblams on Wed May 29 2013, 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 12:46

Split this from your introduction post in the port of lost souls. I found it to be really helpful and think it deserves it's own thread.

Thanks for sharing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 14:34

This is by far the best tutorial on a common asked topic. I'll add it to the stickied tutorial link later today Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 19:00

Many thanks guys! If there is one thing i like about our hobby, it's solving transport and weapon choice issues for my army and this was a great one.

I also have one from a while back on the Dark Eldar vehicles and how I have magnetised them, you think that would be useful too?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 19:15

Absolutely. Hook it up Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 17:38

Thanks for this. Too bad I'd just done mine, which is Talos only with variable weapons (not Cronos options), but it's one of the best tutorials I've seen and I'm sure it will be useful for others. Two quick things:

1) With the tail, it looks like you drilled into the ball on the end for the magnet. I just trimmed part of that ball off and stuck the magnet on to what was left. I think that's an easier way of doing it.

2) With the arms, you had to bend the plastic to change the weapon options, which worries me slightly. Also, there's no point being able to do, say, chain flails and liquifiers, because this isn't a legal option. So, I just glued the right arm in place and then magnetised left-only, using the three remaining forearms for ACCW, Ichor-injector and Chain-flails (I used my Liquifiers for a Grotesque). Aside from the loss of the Liquifier option, I can make all the possible options with only one magnetised arm and it only requires the one magnet between upper arm and each forearm. I guess this isn't an option if you want to do a Talos/Cronos, but it's probably easier if you're only after the Talos.
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 09:16

No problem, in hindsight I can see that the drilled hole for the Tail was unnecessary. Neutral

I can certainly see the benefits of the way which you have done it, though I really wanted to make my kits as flexible as possible as you never know what our next codex will bring for our engines!

I can see how yours certainly make life easier though Smile
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04 2013, 06:09

For those who don't want to go through and count;
-20 magnets total
~12 x small
~8 x big
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)   Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos Pain Engine: Magnetising It The Easy Way (Video)
Page 1 of 1