THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deploying Not in a transport

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reihon
Hellion

Deploying Not in a transport Empty
PostSubject: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 21:41

If I have a venom with 3 trueborn (with dark lances) would I be able to deploy the trueborn outside the venom?

Or

As a dedicated transport do the trueborn have to start in the venom?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 22:05

Not that I am aware of, I cant recall anything in the rules that states you must start in your dedicated transport. I do believe it has to be deployed with the unit though.

If I am wrong I imagine you would just has your Trueborn de-bus straight away and et voila...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 22:14

Well the thought would be if the map allows - I could put the trueborn straight away into 4+ cover to snipe the map, and the venom could be in "non-difficult" terrain and just plug away without the risk of blowing up and killing my trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 22:16

They do not have to start in their transport.

So you can start your guys camped in a building ready to fire and have the venom empty where ever you want it Smile.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 20:59

The only rule regarding dedicated transport deployment is that ONLY the dedicated unit MAY start in it, ie if you buy a Raider for a squad of Wyches, the girls can start on foot, but nobody else is allowed to start in their ride.

As soon as your first turn starts, however, anyone an jump in (although no beasts, as their fur gets stuck to the upholstery, and subsequently the girls' clothes).

If you buy a non-dedicated transport, like an Orc Battlewagon, or a Land Raider, ANY unit can start in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deploying Not in a transport   Deploying Not in a transport I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deploying Not in a transport
Page 1 of 1