THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons Empty
PostSubject: BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons   BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 10:08

Game: Big Guns Never Tire
Objectives: 3
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil

DE List

HQ:
Duke Sliscus
Elites:
10 Incubi in Raider with FF, NS, DL
9 Trueborn with 2 SC, 7 Shard Carbines in Raider with FF, NS, DL, and the Duke
Troops
10 Kabalites with SC and Blaster in Raider with FF, NS, SR, DL
Fast Attack
6 Reavers with 2 Heat Lances
Beastmaster with 2 Razorwing Flocks
Heavy Support
Void Raven with FF, NS
Void Raven with FF, NS

CSM/Daemons list

HQ
Kharn
Elites
Helbrute with Combi Melta
Helbrute with Multi Melta
Troops
9 Khorne Berzerkers with stuff in Land Raider with Dirge Caster and Kharn
10 Khorne Berzerkers with stuff in Rhino
Fast Attack
5 Raptors
Heavy
Heldrake with Hades assault cannon

Daemons
Blood thirster
10 Blood Letters

CSM goes first and charges across the board. Moves the LR and Rhino Flat out and well into my bubbles. Helbrutes also amble up the board with not much to do. DE go on the offensive, with the Reavers popping the Rhino and the three Raiders on that side shooting up the Berzerkers that jumped out after the Rhino is wrecked. First Blood to DE!!! Nothing in charge range so Turn 2 begins.

Turn 2 sees the Blood Thirster, Blood Letters and Raptors all deep striking into my deployment zone. Thankfully the letters mishap and go back into reserve. The Blood Thirster lashes one of the Raiders, causing a weapon destroyed. The raptors shoot at the beastmaster and cause a wound on one of the flocks. The LR moves further up and shoots, not doing much. The helbrutes destroy one boat with 7 warriors dying in the explosion. They then flame the survivors and one runs away. The surviving berzerkers from the rhino shoot then charge the reavers and destroy them all. Damn.

DE turn 2 sees the blood thirster killed, shot to pieces by the boat with the weapon destroyed and the Dukes crew. The other Raider takes out the last of the berzerkers, and the beastmaster charges the raptors. This combat lasts the next 3 turns (damn lack of rending wounds). One of the Void Ravens arrives, the other and the Incubi are still hiding in the webway. It proceeds to pop the LR, making it immobilised (result) and the LR pointing in the wrong direction too. A solid turn for the DE.

Turn 3 sees the Heldrake arrive and cause merry hell. It used is Hades cannon knocking it out of the sky. Kharn and his squad jump out and get caught in the blast but suffers no damage. They then proceed to shoot at the Dukes boat but it survives. The helbrutes stomp across the board from the left but with nothing to shoot at don't do much. The Blood letters failed their reserve roll.

DE Turn 3 turns the game to their favour. The Dukes team unleashes on Kharn, and through some bad luck on armour saves and Look out Sirs, 7 berzerkers die and Kharn takes a wound. The second Void Raven arrives, but the incubi steadfastly refuse to join the fight. The Void Raven shoots at the heldrake and misses, but redeems itself by dropping the void mine on Kharns head and instant killing him. Yay.

Turn 4 and the bloodletters arrive in my deployment zone, jumping onto the objective. Or so they thought. A round of shooting later and they were down to two. The Heldrake hits the Duke with his cannon and explodes the Raider, killing four but more than enough to fight. The last two berzerkers jump back in the LR to hide and shoot out the top not doing much. The Beastmaster finally finishes of the raptors and goes daemon hunting. The incubi come on, get immobilised and jump out, waiting to go after the daemons as well. The other Void Raven is killed as are a bunch of kabalites but the helbrutes. Turn 5 and 6 more stuff dies, notably his scoring units and the DE pounce on the objective.

So, in the end, DE win 5-1, with one objective, Slay the Warlord and First Blood, whilst only Linebreaker for CSM/Daemons.

My first win with the DE for a while and am starting to appreciate that more boats are great. Running about 50% at the moment.
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons   BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 02:03

Digging this win! My only criticism would be that you could stand to elaborate a bit more, some of your turn descriptions are terse to the point of being a little confusing by leaving out information. Overall awesome though!
Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

PostSubject: Re: BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons   BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 08:23

Thanks, it was a good win and a tough battle. It would be handy if I took notes during the game, might try that for next time so I get it right. Cheers for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons   BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BATREP 30 May 13 DE VS CSM/Daemons
Page 1 of 1