THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion

Go down 
+16
wanderingblade
Bibitybopitybacon
Siticus the Ancient
The_Burning_Eye
colinsherlow
Trystis
Evil Space Elves
shadowseercB
Ciirian
Shadows Revenge
SleepyPillow
Brom
Mushkilla
Massaen
Crazy_Ivan
Tangentical
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 19:18

Currently the answer appears to be get your local consensus. Mine is no otherwise I dig the idea of illic + incubi!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 19:42

Trystis wrote:
They need to FAQ him. Currently he can infiltrate anywhere without range restriction. So he could infiltrate into base to base with the enemy and begin the game in CC. That definitely isn't intended.

He cant. There always has to be a 1" bubble around all models. The Assault phase is the only time where you are allowed past this imaginary 1" bubble. Therefore in deployment the closest he can get is 1" from something

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 19:58

SleepyPillow wrote:
shadowseercB wrote:
I seem to be stuck on stupid...
I just want to make sure before my next game. I can infiltrate Illic on the board with Incubi or even better Wraithblades?
Why dont you read page one and two where we already discussed this question?

100% strictly "read as written" answer: no
"read as intended" answer in reference of Shrikes entry in the SM FAQ : yes
best answer: ask the person you play with how you two should handle it.

Sorry, I read it but I had difficulty following the conversation, hence why I said, "stuck on stupid".

Brom wrote:
Currently the answer appears to be get your local consensus. Mine is no otherwise I dig the idea of illic + incubi!

Yeah thats what I thought. I say no too. If that were true I was gonna start kicking my self in the butt for not doing that all year with Karandaras.
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion
Tangentical

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 20:41

It was waaaaay more iffy doing it with Karandras before as infiltrate was delivered as part of his exarch power and Codex Eldar said it couldn't pass to none Striking Scorpions, it was really odd reading of the rules that got us to the situation with Adepticon deciding to allow it.

I agree it is iffy, I would however say that if playing in a tournament you should check as many tournament FAQ packs are allowing this, hence my original suggestion of it on a tournament based website.

Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 21:06

After reading page 38 Infiltrate and all of 39 IC Special Rules it makes sense. It seems more likely that you can do it rather than cant. The thing about that is it seems broke and rediculous and even more so with Illics special version. With that said I may do it.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 07:25

I foresee this will be ruled out by FAQ, because, say infiltrating Karandras with a unit if 10 Wraithguard with d-scythes is extremely stupid and broken. This unit cant reasonable by expected to either assault, shoot down in less then 2-3 turns while it can pretty much devastate half the enemy army on itself.

Thats broken, like a helldrake broken.

Of course it does cost like a third of enemy army...
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 13:48

Consider what would happen if this was yes... Who wants an infiltrating rip tide thanks to shadowsun?!? Or a farsight bomb for that matter.

RAW says no and to be honest IMO the RAI is no as well

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 16:07

I agree with Massaen, just because Shrike has been FAQd a particular way doesn't mean all other characters with the infiltrate rule should use it the same way (common sense would suggest if they'd needed to FAQ it one way, they should have made it clear that was how it worked next time they used it...)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 16:15

Massaen wrote:
Consider what would happen if this was yes... Who wants an infiltrating rip tide thanks to shadowsun?!? Or a farsight bomb for that matter.

Those tactics are highly encouraged all over the Tau Forums though. None of them have noticed your rules discrepancy.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 18:08

Mushkilla wrote:
Massaen wrote:

Those tactics are highly encouraged all over the Tau Forums though. None of them have noticed your rules discrepancy.

Yeah, especially when you also take in account the fact that normally you cannot attach an Independent Character to a Monstrous Creature, buuuut since Riptide with drones counts as a unit...

hellios
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 20:14

I'm not worried about infiltrating riptides... and 10 Wraithguards with D-Scythes is probably overkill... 5 should make a mess of most things Razz
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 21:24

Hmmm....

Wouldn't a round about way to do this trick be:

Deploy A unit containing Illic (sp?) 10 uber grots, urien and lady malys as normal.

Then right before scout moves, use maly's pre-cognisant rule to redeploy. Since the unit has already been deployed, the entire unit now has infiltrate from illic, and can now be deployed as wished?

That is if the argument is still that you cant deploy them because he has to be with the unit first.

tada!

big nasty toughness 5, str 6 (7) fearless unit behind the enemy lines that is immune to psychic powers on turn 1.

Game over.
Smile

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 22:49

Nope, the FAQ states that units redeployed by Malys' special rule cannot be placed outside the deployment zone.

Nice idea though.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion   Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightspear and infiltrating unit discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3