THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?

Go down 
+2
Erebus
Crisis_Vyper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? Empty
PostSubject: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 14:04

Alright I have made a model where a Medusae is on a jetbike which gamewise counts as a Farseer on jetbike.

But the question is that how would one be able to get the fluff going as to why a Medusae will be on a jetbike in the first place? I can justify the psychic powers as a way in which the Medusae projects the vivid experience as well as anarchic emotions of a raid even as the raid is ongoing, creating a 'high' for the Dark Eldar akin to a Chronos Pain engine.

HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 15:18

You could claim that the Medusea was attached to a Reaver as punishment, and the Archon subsequently uses them to absorb the sensations of the parts of the battle (s)he is missing out on to consume later.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 16:07

Rule of Cool is how I'd justify it. Wink

I like Erebus' suggestion - though I'm not even sure it needs to be a 'punishment'.

Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 21:44

The Medusae is a bit like a friends baby who would only sleep when being taken for a drive.

(But you would need a 2 seater jetbike then.)

They must send up all sorts of crazy reaction in the host, mustn't they?
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 20:45

We already know what the medusae powers are, they are not psyker powers like the farseers. Purely from the fluff point of side, this can't be justified, a medusae could ride a bike, if the thing infected a reaver somehow, but it wouldn't get powers like those of a farseer. A medusae isn't even a psyker to begin with, though it does have somekind of weird powers. A medusae does have the power from pain, it still counts as dark eldar in theory, though it's a parasite infecting a dark eldar.

A medusae somewhat half infecting a farseer, but not completely, could represent this, but it's still not 100% correct fluffwise. You could simply change the name of the parasite to make it your own, using the medusae model, some kind of parasite with farseer powers. Or it could simply be a corsair psyker, very little is know about corsair psykers, though forgeworld has looked into this, but options are still open.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 14:21

who is to say that the parasite has to be the thing with the powers? The host could be a psyker. It could be an Archon's plaything of a farseer (remember, Commorragh is big, but there are areas that arent under Vect's rule) and he threw a Medusae on it for fun. To see the battle through the eyes of a psyker.

On top of that, it could be a mutation of the medusaes to produce the power via their ability. They already do a blast due to all the pain they have collected. Whats to say they cant start to see in the future and change fate.

Basically this is 40k. Anything is possible.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?   How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you justify a Medusae on a Jetbike?
Page 1 of 1