THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Crimson Vanguard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Randozart
Hellion
Randozart

The Crimson Vanguard Empty
PostSubject: The Crimson Vanguard   The Crimson Vanguard I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 22:22

The Crimson Vanguard:
"A fellow Eldar entering the Crimson Halls would first notice a foul smell residing in rock, followed by the silence in which it's denizens gaze upon you. Unless you're clad in the color of the blood-like Crimson, you're in luck if you're not brought to your knees the moment you take but a single step further down into that dreadful place."

It is sometimes said that precise operations require professional personell and equipment. But when faced with a situation that requires a simple task, often sheer force and willpower will suffice. The latter is the case with the denizens of the Crimson Halls, a pocket-dimension connected to Commoragh by the webway. It's inhabitants are collectively known as the Crimson Vanguard and have but one purpose: To make sure the High Directive's task is fullfilled without interruption.

Little is known about the original formation of the organisation now known as the Crimson Vanguard. Many would not care other than that the Crimson Halls simply came into existance at one point. One thing however is irrefutable: The Crimson Vanguard takes commands from a shadowy collection commonly called the "High Directive". The reason that most forces have a haemonculus assigned to them is not without reason either. To those involved it is known that the Vanguard was originally created by the coöperation of several Covens, since these would face the issue that grand-scale body harvest was impossible due to persistant enemy interruption. Hence the organisation was set-up to both buy them time to perform their "field expedition" aswell as potentially wiping out any opposition in the area. These haemonculae serve as the contacts between the High Directive and the many divisions of the Crimson Vanguard.

While indeed the haemonculae play a great role in the Vanguard's chain of command, they are by no means above the warriors that make up most of the organisation. These members hail from different backgrounds, be it wyches that felt no thrill in their cult, or kabalite warriors that disjoined from their Archon. Fact remains that most of it's members saw ithe internal structure of their previous organisation dissatisfying. And while indeed there are some distinct divisions of warriors, be it the trained crew of a raider or a wych cult that violently split off from their previous home,  one would rarely spot any form of higher command whatshowever. This is because of the belief among Crimson Vanguard members that an internal chain of command aside from the mysterious "High Directive" would lead to discord within the Crimson Halls and therefore pose a threat to it's denizen's survival. Therefore any member within the organisation attempting any seize of power is often found to have disappeared soon after their ignorant act.

In order to better fullfill it's battlefield role of holding the enemy off and potentially eliminating them for good, the Crimson Vanguard has employed a combination of defensive and offensive mechanised tactics. These include the use of a revised form of the Aegis defensive lines and mass-use of ground based transports and artillery often commanded by the organization's haemonculae. The quick deployment of their hard points allows them to raid realspace targets, and create a defensive position before the opponent is often even able to respond. If this gets too hard to maintain, their fully mechanised army allows them to rapidly leave, allowing the High Directive enough time to perform their mysterious acts. If the target in question is important enough, the deployment of Incubi shrines by means of the ancient "Haemonculus Blood Pact" is often considered aswell.

Due to this long-standing structure of following the high directive's assignments, and making sure none could grow too powerful the denizens of the Crimson Halls have managed to survive without much drawbacks and ensure their continued survival and freedom from the influence of Slaneesh and the rest of Dark Eldar society. Such is the life of a warrior clad in Crimson, and as such it shall remain.

Last edited by Randozart on Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:48; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Vanguard   The Crimson Vanguard I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 07:56

Sounds very secretive and strict place, the Crimson Halls! Twisted Evil

I would really want to know who is the person behind it all, leading this group.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Randozart
Hellion
Randozart

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Vanguard   The Crimson Vanguard I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 11:17

I hope to expand upon the Crimson Vanguard lore when I actually manage to collect the 500 list that I have currently planned.

It is however discouraged to try and find out about the high directive. It might just end... Badly Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Vanguard   The Crimson Vanguard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crimson Vanguard
Page 1 of 1