THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of The Crimson _______

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

Kabal of The Crimson _______ Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 20:45

Hi im fairly new here on the forum and have been loving every second of it!

I was hoping someone could help me with fluff and a name for my kabal.

Some basic ideas:

The Archon will be me Tahlemar. and my kabal will have a name assosiated with blood or something idealy red as that is the paint scheme I am going for.

Would love some friendly ideas of fluff, i have been thinking that this kabal will be quite a militaristic, follow loyally sort of kabal and that it takes care of most defences of worlds and attacks on DE enemies.

Leave ANY ideas u have and I will try to incorperate them into my kabal

Name ideas are good and will take anything you have (as long as it follows the guidelines 'my kabal will have a name assosiated with blood or something idealy red')

Have a good evil day friends Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 22:41

Tahlemar! My fellow new kabal-building friend! I can see the similarities you mentioned in my thread. I'll keep posting ideas as they come to me. One that strikes right off the bat is trying to make peace with what I encountered with Dark Eldar being a very mobile hit and run race with little siege or fortification warfare. Being that you want to go with defense perhaps your kabal works as a sort of rear guard to raiding forces. Basically the guys who mop up and secure the area (for a short time) while the slavers get to work rounding people up. Can give your kabal quite a bit of income picking up slaves, loot, tech, etc. as you lock down the area. This way you are defensive based but also still work within the Dark Eldar mindset. This actually makes me think that our kabals might have some joint operations with my kabal as more of a vanguard role and yours sternguard.

As for a name perhaps something playing on the rear guard, specifically guard.... Bloody Guard, Blood Guard, Red..Wall?...Sanguine Guard (hehe)...Impenetrable Blood, Iron Blood, Sanguine Steel....nothing fantastic but might hit on a line of thought. I'll keep thinking....

More: Crimson Guard, Sanguine Sentinels, Blood Wardens, Bloody Bulwark, Ironclad Brethren
Back to top Go down
Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:21

Thanks for the idea man! this was a while earlier today and ive had some time to think and i have changed the story abit using some of your advice and input.

here is what i have so far:

My kabal will be a kabal that dosent really follow the rules and attacks random planets for slaves and tech and other stuff without the main commoragh council and Vect's approval and we leave the worlds we pillage empty and full of corpses. Then we take all of our stuff we took (slaves and resources) back to our heavily defended homeworld of Tahldris the birthplace of my family who have had a bad past. As we 'started from the bottom' so to speak we are easily persuaded with deals that involve us getting more power and souls. As a new powerful kabal we will follow Vect's orders but only if it benefits us and the dark eldar race as a whole.

Well im going to broaden that a bit but thats the basics right now
sorry i twisted the story alot now still hoping you can help me come up with a name for this type of kabal
Thank you for your input Amornar please comment your opinion and name Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:39

No problem! Your new concept sounds heavy on the terror tactics. Things like large genocidal raids on undefended outposts. Perhaps draw some inspiration from Night Lords fluff, they are basically the 40k poster child for terror and destruction while still being your own man/chapter/kabal.

Edit:

Names:

Red Terror
Crimson Eclipse
Crimson Slaughter (hehe)
Red Tide
Bloody Reach
Blood Moon

Last edited by Amornar on Wed Jul 02 2014, 23:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:41

Yea that sounds about right! what about names? what do you reckon?

Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:43

Haha was editing as you posted!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:52

Blood? Fighting on the front lines? Why not dedicate your murderous frenzy to the honor of great Khaela Mensha Khaine? The blood of Eldanesh shall eternally stain your hands, and you will have plenty of opportunities to show why! Kabal of the Crimson Hand sounds quite well, I think, but there are plenty more variations possible.

You also mention the wish for militaristic discipline. I'll give an example from my own army. The Sentinel's Blade warband within my corsair fleet is exactly that - a strictly disciplined fighting force lead by Araj the Sentinel, a disgraced incubus that slowly carved his own path from the slums of Commorragh to the service of Lady Talari Baliarstill. The Sentinel's warband serves as the tempered core of the Wailing Doom - while the Cult of the Bloody handed runs in their bloody frenzy and the Ashborn ride around their Ravagers and Venoms, incinerating everything they come across, the Sentinel's Blade is the backbone that gets everything done, securing the objectives and eliminating enemy infantry with cold-blooded precision.

Of course, since you are a loyal slave servant to Vect, you have some restrictions in that he is always watching your kabal, as he does all the rest. So it isn't really a question about your expeditions benefiting Vect - he always benefits. Perhaps a rivalry aspect with other similarly loyal kabals? Desire to prove yourselves greater, stronger, fiercer in battle? If you consider embracing the Khaine theme, there is plenty of room for murderous competition spirit!

Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 23:59

Ok well now ive read abit on the night lords as you suggested as i havent even painted my army yet i can still change the colour, carrying on with the night lord stuff i was thinking a deep dark blue like theirs or a black armour with deep dark blue edge highlights.

As for a name i was thinking something along the Kabal if the Eternal Haunt. Hope you like Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 00:01

I might have to adopt that Khaine idea.....playing it with the emphasis of technology as a personification of Khaine chaining Vaul to his anvil to craft for him......hmm.....

@Tahlemar I think you can still do the red and blood theme with terror based kabal. An army literally swimming in the blood of innocent imperials and xenos would be utterly red and downright scary. Khaine's avatars are molten skinned so I would say red...he is the Bloody Handed. I like Siticus' one, the Crimson Hand. Others maybe the Red Horror, Bound Blood, Crimson Dread, Crimson Inferno, Bloody Haunter.

Last edited by Amornar on Thu Jul 03 2014, 00:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 00:03

Yea I really like that but i was wondering if Khaine was a specific colour lol because I really do like the night lord deep dark blue so i wanted to go with that now and i have also thaught of a name too Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 00:10

Hmm my ipad really likes to combo my responses through edits over new posts....ohh we'll answer above.
Back to top Go down
Tahlemar
Slave
Tahlemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 00:15

Now I do like the sound of the Crimson Haunt a mix of yours and Siticus's

The Kabal of the Crimson Haunt.

Sounds great Thank you for all the help guys!

I think I will make a thread later with all my ideas collected

Thanks again Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Crimson _______   Kabal of The Crimson _______ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of The Crimson _______
Page 1 of 1