THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Forgotten Sun

Go down 
+4
Cavalier
The_Burning_Eye
Lord_Alino
CreapingDeath
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CreapingDeath
Slave

Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 05:51

here are some pics of my first finished raider, I spent forever on it, just wanted to hear your opinions, it is not an incredibly original paint scheme, but I like it, critiques are welcome.
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2111
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2112
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2113
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2115
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2116
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2117
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 07:47

this is the most beautiful raider I have ever laid my eyes upon, infact -grabs eyes off of raider and puts them back in sockets- I think the only problem is the bottom where the hashnut copper comes up past the bottom. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 12:15

The yellow sail is a little bright for my taste - mainly i think because there's none of that yellow anywhere else on the model. Rune looks good on the front of the hull, did you consider doing the sail in the same colour?

The blue and gold is a classic combination but you seem to have given a nice twist by darkening the blue and lightning the gold, it look very striking. My only other suggestion, and it's being really picky, it to neaten up the highlights on the armour panels a little - it may look better in person as i know photos can make detail like that look more obvious than it is to the naked eye, but the first highlight could do with being a bit narrower (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad, but narrower highlights is an area almost all of us can improve on, and it makes a big difference)

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the squad to go with it!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 12:56

Sweet looking models. I was thinking of doing a black and gold theme DE detachment myself. I actually like the bright yellow sail. Plays to the lavish haughtiness of the DE. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 13:56

Great stuff, it's a really a clean work ! The only thing i'll try if i were you is making a tiny flesh colored lavish on the faces, it'll make the colors blend much better...

Kabal of the Forgotten Sun 000311
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 18:06

It may not be 'an incredibly original paint scheme', but it is very nicely done, congratulations! I think it looks great, and the yellow sail is the perfect touch to complement it.

Keep it up!

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 18:58

I like it, yellow sail included, though I'm curious as to how you'll paint your others - all the same sail or different colours?
Back to top Go down
CreapingDeath
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 05:43

Thank you every one for your responses, I will consider your suggestions, and what I am going to do with the rest of them, I am not entirely sure, I think I will do them all yellow, but I want to do them all different, so do some different textures, and patterns.

I purposefully made the edging on the raider bigger, I was not sure how good it would look if I made it the same size as what is on the warriors, I think with the next raider I will make them narrower, and try to make them a little neater, it can be challenging for me to make clean lines sometimes, I inherited my dad's shaking.

I am going to repaint there skin, I don't like the blending on them currently, I also forgot there earrings. Will repost pictures when I am done.

I actually have the squad done already, I will have to take some pictures and post them up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 08:04

I always over highlight my models that are very dark in colors or black. Because I think the highlights are too subtle and weak. And when I do over highlight them, they look worse and like crap.

I think your highlight is good, on picture at least. Very nice job with paint job, I wish I could paint like that!

I love the yellow sail, but more yellow would be nice. I'm thinking of painting my new cabal in black and yellow theme, inspiration from your work!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
CreapingDeath
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 14:04

just a small update, I repainted the skin
Kabal of the Forgotten Sun Img_2118
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 17:25

This is a real improvement ! The red tattoo gives a nice effect.

Kabal of the Forgotten Sun 000311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Forgotten Sun   Kabal of the Forgotten Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Forgotten Sun
Page 1 of 1