THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Votex Grenade Template

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
Ulcis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulcis
Slave
Ulcis

Votex Grenade Template Empty
PostSubject: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 10:08

Is it wrong that I saw this, ignored its Apocalypse origins and immediately thought 'Webway Porta'l?

I missed the 'official' template, and have had little luck in finding one on eBay Sad
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 14:29

Yup, same size and everything. You can buy the originals on Ebay from time to time, but usually have to pay through the nose for them. They are a limited release so buy them NOW!

Puts on mod hat: I'm moving this to Dark Eldar Discussion

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ulcis
Slave
Ulcis

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 22:38

Aye, I pre-ordered one before posting <.<
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 00:57

The WWP template was a re-work of the Vortex Grenade template, so it's a very applicable usage.

Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 07:00

Has anyone had any luck cutting a sphere of the same diameter in half and painting it yourself?
I've always talked of doing that but never did.

-Jack-

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 07:25

I never wanted to give that a whirl because I always sort of figured I'd end up screwing it up. Sawing a sphere is difficult work.

I bought a couple of those generic plastic 'fill it yourself' Christmas ornaments. they come in a variety of sizes and are already popped in two. A very minor amount of snipping and filing and then some paint and they're good to go. Plus they only cost like $1-2 each, so you can get all the templates you'll ever need for the Webway Assault Apocalypse stratagem and never have to worry about it again.

Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 14:20

I did I cut one of my Xmas balls only to find out it's was the small blast template not the large one Lmaooo the look in my face when inwas told
Back to top Go down
Ulcis
Slave
Ulcis

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 21:21

The templates that were released as part of Fantasy's 'Storm of Magic' expansion could work too, as they're the same size (although not all of the images would look right). They've been gone for a while too, alas. I'm glad they've released something else that can be used, saves me messing around trying to convert a small blast marker into something themed...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 22:04

No the set for storm of magic fantasy were larger then the WWP template and Vortex gernade template
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votex Grenade Template   Votex Grenade Template I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Votex Grenade Template
Page 1 of 1