THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1k DE vs 1k Necron

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 12:12

Ok, So the other day I got some advice on the instant messaging chat here. I took that advice and made my list to take on my first 1k match of 6th (I have been out of the game since 3rd ed, but this is my first 1k match with DE and only 2nd make with them ever) and my first match against necron with my DE. I told the people I would write a battle report over it. I apologize, I am not familiar with all the necron names, we do not bother asking to see each other's lists prior in this group it seems. The list was originally made to play against Eldar, but the Eldar player did not show so it turned into me fighting the necron player, I ended up not tweaking the list prior. That was a mistake I would regret early. There will be no pictures because I have not decided on my color scheme therefore the army is unprimed and missing arms from the warriors. Our table played on is short so it is closer to a 4X4 table. We also forgot to roll on the warlord traits until we were in the first turn.

Lists

DE-1k

HQ
Succubus w/ HWG and VB

Elite
3 Trueborn w/ 2 cannons in Venom w/ 2 cannons

Troop
2X5 Warrior in Venom w/ 2 cannons
6 Warriors in Raider
2X5 Wych w/ HWG in Raider

Heavy Support
2 Ravagers

Necron-I do not know all the gear he had (Next battle report will be more thorough)

HQ
Necron Overlord w/ Res Orb

He had a 3 man unit that had a Cryptek, Lord, and one other unit (not sure the name)

Troop
2X5 Immortals w/ Teslas in Night Scythes w/ Tesla Destructors

Heavy Support
Doom Arc (not sure the name of weapon, was a large blast strength 9 ap 1 weapon)

Fortification
ADL with Quad-Gun

Mission: Emperor's Will
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Terrain: 1 piece large enough to hide 1 raider, 1 large enough to hide 1 venom, the various smaller ruined buildings (all buildings including the 2 LOS blocking pieces count as ruins) Large river splitting deployment halves, various rocky desert style area terrain pieces, and a circle of sandbags with a 2 inch opening on the backside. (Player who owns this terrain plays a shooty dark angel list and does not own any decent sized pieces of terrain.)
Objectives: His was placed in his deployment zone in the circle of sandbags, my objective was placed on the  largest ruined building in the left side of my deployment zone, and on top of the 2 from the mission our gaming group has a large Marine statue that passes from person to person like a trophy, to get it you just have to defeat the person currently in possession, but during the match the statue is placed exact center of board and counts for 1 VP
Warlord Traits: Mine was Divide to conquer, His was Conqueror of Cities

Rolled for deployment Necron won the roll, but decided to let DE deploy first

He placed Aegis Defence Line in a circular formation on the back left side corner of his deployment zone. (everything is going from my viewing perspective)

I deployed 2 Ravagers, 2 Venoms clumped together behind the 2nd largest of the ruins on the right side of my deployment zone. 2 Raiders, 1 venom in the center of deployment zone using the Marine Statue to block LOS from the Quad-Gun, Last Raider was placed behind the largest ruined building, and the trueborn were placed outside their Venom on the top of the 2nd largest ruined building.

He deployed the command group and his overlord inside the ADL with the Overlord manning the gun, Doom Arc was placed directly across from the 2nd largest ruined building, but at the back of the deployment zone, and his two fliers with immortals are in reserve.

He then stole initiative for first turn. I had a feeling he was planning on this, which is why I deployed so defensively.

Night fight was active first turn, but his cryptek ended it immediately meaning no night fighting for the poor Dark Eldar

Necron Turn 1

He skipped movement and shot with the Doom Arc, which scattered off a couple of inches causing him to hit 2 vehicles instead of 3 (which is where I learned I will never clump my vehicles together ever again. I had no idea what type of weapon he had on the doom arc) He managed a penetrating hit on the Ravager A, which resulted in Crew shaken (I did not know his weapon was ap 1 until after the match, he just told me the result so I assumed he did his math correctly) a glance on Venom A, but that hit got flickerfielded. Night Shields placed him out of range of Ravager B

Dark Eldar Turn 1

Movement
I shifted the 2 Ravagers forward 12" placing them right past the river, 2 Venoms (warrior venoms) forward and to the left 12", Raider A and Raider B (both wych Raiders) forward 12" placing them right past river, Venom C (empty trueborn venom) Forward 12" placing it right next to the statue, Raider C (warrior Raider) 6" on the left side of the building with the objective, disembarked the warriors on top of the building next to objective. Everything has moved except the trueborn for jink saves.

Shooting
I decided that large strength 9 weapon needed to go so, Ravager A threw 3 snap fired shots at the Doom Arc and hit once, rolled pen, exploded! First Blood to the Dark Kin!! Venom A and B opened up into the command group and dropped all 3. Every other vehicle opened into the overlord, but he saved every single shot besides one. Down to 2 wounds. End of phase the entire command group stood back up. (reminded me of why I hated fighting cron in 3rd)

Necron Turn 2

Rolled for reserves Night Scythe A arrives, Night Scythe B does not

Movement
He moved the command group out of the ADL, leaving the Overlord to keep manning the gun. Night Scythe A zooms onto the board 18" and stops.

Shooting
He fired the ADL hitting Raider B, 1 glancing hit (saved 2 of the other hits 1 pen one glance), Night Scythe A fires Telsa Destructor into the Trueborn, tried going to ground for the better save, but still lost all 3 against 8 wounds.

Dark Eldar Turn 2

Movement
Moved Raider A forward and to the left 6" disembarked wychs with the succubus within 9 inches of the Overlord , Raider B forward 6" disembarked wychs within 4" of the command group, Raider C 8" forward and to the right (placing it past the river), Venom A and B shimmed a couple inches staying near each other in front of the statue, Venom C moved 12" to be 5" away directly in front of the ADL, Ravager A and B shifted to the left several inches to be right near the flier.

Shooting
Ravager A fired into Night Scythe A, causing a pen, weapon destroyed (making the flier useless as anything other than a transport) All other lances fired into the same target causing 0 extra damage. 2 Venoms fired into the Overlord only managing to force a few saves, which were all passed. Last Venom fired into the command team dropping all 3. Front most wych from the succubus squad was the only one in range to toss a grenade at the overlord so did so, scattered enough that one more inch would have seen her hit with her own nade. I forgot to fire the 2nd wych squad ( succubus squad will be A from now on and other squad will be B) None of the other infantry could fire at anything. The cryptek from the command team stayed down, but the other two stood back up.

Assault
Wych Squad A failed to charge the 8 " to the Overlord ( this is where I regret not charging the other unit which was within 4-5") Wych Squad B easily closed to gap to the command team, but lost 2 to overwatch. Made their normal 2 attacks a piece since the command group has defensive grenades, dealing 0 wounds, needing 6s to wound. Those two in turn caused two wounds, but the wychs failed one dodge roll. (at this point we forgot about the lost combat roll, I told ya, I am still getting the hang of getting back into the game)

Necron Turn 3

Rolled for Night Scythe B, 6!

Movement
Night Scythe A flew forward and stopped in front of the objective building and disembarked his immortals right in front of the ruined building. Night Scythe B flew on directly in front of Ravager A, about 8" from it.

Shooting
The disembarked immortals shot into my 6 warriors on the objective, they went to ground, I lost 1 warrior. Night Scythe B fired at Wych squad A killing 4/6, leaving just the Succubus and her last wych. (even went to ground, but failed all saves) The Overlord then fired into the same squad killing my Succubus and her Wych. Slay the Warlord!

Assault
My last two from Wych Squad B struck first causing 1 wound, which he saved. He in turn killed 1 of the two. Managed to save the Morale Check. Stubborn wych stays in the fight.

Dark Eldar Turn 3

Movement
Shifted all vehicle except for Raider C and Venom C towards Night Scythe B so he would not be able to shoot majority of them next turn. Raider C and Venom C just shifted a little for junk saves still keeping them in front of the quad gun.

Shooting
All venoms fired into the Overlord only managing to make him fail one save. All lance weapons fired into Night Scythe B, causing only 1 hit and nothing came of it. Warriors on objective fired into his Immortals, but no casualties.

Assault
Lone Wych managed to kill the unknown character. Lord din't do anything, but passed his morale for losing combat.

Necron Turn 4

Movement
Night Scythe A flew off the board being useless, Night Scythe B unload 5 immortals on top of his objective behind the sandbags, then flew directly forward directly past the statue. His Immortals moved into the base floor of the ruined building to get cover and ended up only 1" away from contesting objective. (did not roll for the difficult movement, I didn't even think to tell him to until after the game)

Shooting
Quad Gun fired into Raider C causing 1 glance, jinked 1 pen. Night Scythe B fired into Venom A causing 6 pens, but only managed to wreck it, warriors disembarked 6" to be directly behind the small ruined building in front of the objective building. Immortal Squad A fired into my objective warriors, went to ground again (I was not risking this objective) lost 1 more warrior leaving 4.

Assault
Lone wych did nothing this round and the died. Lord consolidated into the ADL in front of the QG.

Dark Eldar Turn 4

Movement
I saw that those warriors were going to die if I didn't do something so all vehicles except Raider C and Venom C moved back to threaten the Night Scythe B and Immortals, disembarked venom warriors B next to Venom warriors A. Raider C and Venom C shifted a bit to gain jink, but stayed in front of the ADL.

Shooting
Fired all 3 warrior squads and Venom B into the Immortals wiping the squad with the venom being the final killer. Fired all lance weapons from the back half of the board into the Night Scythe causing no damage. fired Raider C and Venom C into the Overlord causing him to drop. Slay the Warlord!

Necron Turn 5

Movement
His good Scythe could not target anything even if it moved because all my stuff was clump behind him, so he flew it off the board. His useless Scythe flew back on and stayed in front of the statue. (he thought, until he took another look, that he was going to suicide his Scythe into my vehicles)

Shooting
The immortals shot into Ravager A and exploded it. His Lord tried to shoot something into Raider C, but didn't do anything.

Dark Eldar Turn 5

Movement
Moved all vehicle in front of Immortals B, Venom Warriors B moved into the river to get close to the statue.

Shooting
Ran Venom Warriors B to capture the Statue. All vehicles shot into Immortals leaving 1 left, who then rolled a 12 for leadership and ran away from the objective. leaving only his lord left, causing him to concede defeat,

Final Score

Necron-1
Slay the Warlord

Dark Eldar-6
First Blood-1
Statue-1
Objective-3
Slay the Warlord-1

I might be missing a few things, I did this all from memory after 2 nights of sleep. Next time I will be taking notes to remember everything perfectly. I will not be taking pictures until I choose my kabal name and colors so that I can make sure everything is put together 100% and painted so I don't look like such a tool.

I know both of us made some mistakes, mine probally much more pronounced. He did mention that next time he is destroying the damned Venoms. (he was scared of the 12 shots per, but didn't notice how much until after the game) Which is why I am thinking of running gunboats next time just to mess with him Laughing   I appreciated all the help I received from The Dark City before my match, I will continue to learn and improve and writing reports. Although, being the geek I am, once I flesh out my general Kabal theme I will be writing it more as a story than the way it was this time, unless people dislike that.

Discussion: I was not a fan of the very small squads, the wychs were useless since he had no normal vehicles. The warriors did not seem to pump out enough shots for me. I might just change over to gun boats for next match, to try it and see. I do not plan on ever running venom spam, most I would like to have in a list would be 3. Then again, things may change after I get more notches on my sword. I do not have any coven (unless you count scourges) hellion, or beasts. I have archon, succubus, lelith, warriors, wychs, reavers, 3 venoms, 5 raiders, 2 ravagers, razorwing, mandrakes, and incubi. (not all of which are put together, majority of my stuff is still on sprues)

Anything you would have done differently or taken differently? Is so, explain your reasons, I wish to learn from y'all.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 15:23

Thanks for making the report. Its helps to learn as others can more easily help you. Photos also make good notes even if you don't intend to publish them.

Night scythes are not the easiest of transports to play against but you seemed to do well. Some good maneuvering on your part to deny their shooting.

Few points i noticed:
- I would have targeted the Quadgun first with Venoms as it can down DE skimmers easily.
- I think I remember saying don't charge Wyches to his troops. Use them to wreck vehicles. Or stay in home objective as perhaps would have been a good idea (although I didn't say so before hand Very Happy)
- Run Kabalites forward as their weapons are more shooty at close range.

Shadowharte wrote:
Discussion: I was not a fan of the very small squads, the wychs were useless since he had no normal vehicles. The warriors did not seem to pump out enough shots for me. I might just change over to gun boats for next match, to try it and see. I do not plan on ever running venom spam, most I would like to have in a list would be 3. Then again, things may change after I get more notches on my sword. I do not have any coven (unless you count scourges) hellion, or beasts. I have archon, succubus, lelith, warriors, wychs, reavers, 3 venoms, 5 raiders, 2 ravagers, razorwing, mandrakes, and incubi. (not all of which are put together, majority of my stuff is still on sprues)

I'd like to point out that those small squads enabled you to have numerous vehicles so you were not totally out of the game when you lost few of them. You can think (and use of course) how those Gunboats would have fared against Night Scythes. 3 Venoms is a plenty for 1000 pts game. I usually run 5 with my 1850 force.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 15:33

Yea, I should have, but at the time I was worried about the 3 wounds with the 3+ save taking too much of my fire and not allowing me to deal with anything else.

I was not sure what to do with the Wych Squads since you cannot use HWG against fliers, so I just tried to tie up his command squad so they could be out of the match a bit, I didn't expect them to actually even kill 1 let alone 2 of them.

Yea, I kept moving 12" and forgetting to disembark them from the venoms

I did like the amount of vehicles I was able to field (I actually only own 3 venoms otherwise at least one other wych squad would have been in a venom)

Only reason I didn't like small squads was I was afraid if 2 of the 5 died the squad would run and lose an entire troop choice just from 2 wounds, one reason I kept the warriors in so long (besides just forgetting to drop them out)

The wych 4++ was not as good as I thought it was Sad 
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 02:37

I didn't know the necron command squad was allowed resurrection protocols if their squad is whiped out.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 19:26

According to him they were.
Back to top Go down
ShadowWalker
Slave
ShadowWalker

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 17:18

Not trying to necro for my first post, but just feel that is info. is important as the would have freed up some shooting & wyches even though he won. (and future cron games)

Reanimation protocols CANNOT be preformed if the unit has been wiped out or falling back. (according to the necron codex itself)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1k DE vs 1k Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k DE vs 1k Necron   1k DE vs 1k Necron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1k DE vs 1k Necron
Page 1 of 1