THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 - All Coven theme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

1250 - All Coven theme  Empty
PostSubject: 1250 - All Coven theme    1250 - All Coven theme  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 17:12

Just kicking around another theme build

Haemonculus - LG, VB, WWP
Haemonculus - LG, VB

Grotesques (3) - LG (2nd Haem here)

Wracks (4) - Venom SC x2, NS, FF (Haem w/ WWP here)
Wracks (5) - LG, Venom SC x2, NS, FF
Wracks (5) - LG
Wracks (5) - LG

Talos - TLLG, TLHB
Talos - TLLG, TLHB
Talos - TLLG, TLHB

Low points, so simple and mulitple cheap units (I might have List OCD, thus most units are fielded in multiples)

Thought being use the Talos to hold the vehicle mounted heavy stuff up while they advance using as much cover as possible (or maybe have one or more come through the WWP depending on opposing army makeup). Man-portable Heavy stuff the Venoms concentrate on.

Grots w/ Haem and Wracks x2 held for the WWP (possibly a Talos or two as well).

6 Scoring Units, 48 @ 36" Poison Shots, 11 LQ Templates, lots of poison CC attacks, and FNP.

I might consider dropping NS on one or two of the Venoms to upgrade one or both of the Haem's to PWs since they will have FC (2 Pain Tokens), add a Shattershard (mmm goodness) and/or upgrade any Talos coming through WWP to TWHL.

I think it would be fun, look cool and its definately Coven.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1250 - All Coven theme    1250 - All Coven theme  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 16:43

Nice fluffy but potentially effective list, the only thing that may let you down is the lack of ranged anti-tank. Try it and let us know how it went.

Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: 1250 - All Coven theme    1250 - All Coven theme  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 17:38

The Strange Dude wrote:
Nice fluffy but potentially effective list, the only thing that may let you down is the lack of ranged anti-tank. Try it and let us know how it went.

Thanks,

I see the biggest potential downside to this list being its over 80% finecast affraid

Oddly enough and it may have been list destiny, that even though multiple reliable sources (both GW and Indi retailers) said the Grots were "direct only" three of them just happened to show up at my local Game Store yesterday....which after close inspection I purchased. You could tell they are not for typical distribution as they have a generic cover and don't sport a color picture of the enclosed Grot model. Maybe GW is sending some out because their "direct only" method for selling Grots isn't bearing much fruit.

Back on track....I'm thinking that three Talos with Twin-Linked HB should be able to each keep quiet a vehicle (2 chances to hit @ 4, with an 83% chance of no return fire). Not so much against a heavy Rifleman GK based or Chaos DP Vehicle army but O' well; I like playing against the odds (at times), it makes winning that much sweeter. I will keep folks up to speed as i'm in the process of picking up all the models now.

I was toying with the idea of maybe dropping or redeploying the 2nd Heam (i.e. not as a Grot minder) against heavy Horde lists or just in general. Then making sure to drop the WWP near the greatest concentration of the enemy and hoping for a Grot Bomb (roll of 1) - reliable no, fun I think so.

I'm open to any suggestions keeping in mind i'd like it to stay at 1250pts or less and all Coven.

Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: 1250 - All Coven theme    1250 - All Coven theme  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 04:46

*Update

It took 9 boxes of Wracks to make 6 boxes of models with no or minimal defects. One pet peve I am finding is with the minis packed in plastic baggies that you may find in a box set. I guess if a piece(s) comes off the sprue they put the piece and sprue in a seperate bag and pack it into the plastic box. What gets me is when it happens and either the loose piece or some other part of the sprue is noticably miscast and they still packed it, knowing full well this situation received a supposed higher degree of hand holding; it just sucks.

The 3 Grots, body and arms looked good but each of the heads range from slight correction to complete Fubar. Unfortunately even putting each blister through the third degree still can't seem to find all the flaws as the heads were not in view.

*2nd Update
GW CS is sending new Grot heads cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 - All Coven theme    1250 - All Coven theme  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 - All Coven theme
Page 1 of 1