THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talo/Cronos Scale

Go down 
+5
Souleater
Baron Tordeck
Malakai
shadow hunter
Xelkireth
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:19

I finally found an image of the scale of the new talos. Feast your eye-marbles on this:

Talo/Cronos Scale 2011-05-18222359

Poached from Warseer.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:25

I really like the model. Its a shame my 2 metal Talos will be relegated. Although I was sick of the arms keep breaking.

It looks a good size too, although for 30quid it should be. Luckily I have £30 of GW vouchers I have saved for this release. That should soften the blow.

I think I'll build it as the Cronos first, and use my metal Talos as a Talos until I can afford another.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:26

I've pre-ordered two, though I'll probably only use the second kit for bits.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:32

There's too many goodies all at once, lol.

I want to get 2 Venoms, the scorges and a cronos. I also want the fighter though and Hellions (still using the old metal ones). June is going to be a very expensive month. Especially as its the girlies birthday. I cant buy myself stuff, and not get her anything. lol!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:36

Oh... Total on this new wave for pre-order is 4 boxes of Scourges, 2 Talos, and 4 venoms. I am still waiting the new wave release so I can order three to four Razorwings.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:38

Blimey, nice one. I cant order that much all at once. I'd never get it all made and painted.

I've not used a fighter yet (dont often use proxies - and not had time to scratch build anything) so I am looking forward to trying it out.

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:43

Since the announcement of the re-release, I have been saving for this and I took other my hobby budget and dropped into the savings as well. Believe me, it will be a very long time before this is all assembled and painted. Life's little curveballs have priority right now. But... When it's all said and done, I should have close to 4000+ points of Dark Eldar.

As far as proxying goes, my local group has been gracious enough to allow me to use my Ravager as a stand in proxy and I must say, the Razorwing owns. I run mine as anti-troop. Disintegraters with splinter cannons and whatever missiles you want mop hordes, MEQ and anything else.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:57

H'mm never thought about using the fighter as anti infantry. That's probably a good plan.

I have an opponent who has gone mad for Grey knights (to be fair he's done them for years - so went spend crazy on the new stuff) and he is itching to play me as he's never beat me.

I've not played the new grey knights though (we dont game that often - real life interferes) so wasn't sure how to go about tackling them. What you mention might be a good plan though. I am guessing GK are a pretty small force due to high points - so a plane killing several marines a turn would really hurt him.

Its the reason I wanted a Venom, to deliver some Incubi where needed (still using the old incubi too)

My other Hobbies are what is limiting my bduget. I just spent £1300 on a new mountain bike Shocked
Back to top Go down
Malakai
Slave
Malakai

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 11:16

It should be said that that picture is from the desk of Radium.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 12:58

God I really hate that model.

Nice scale though.

Might have to get one just to convert it to a better look.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Souleater
Slave

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 22:18

Yeah, new Talos is smaller than I expected.

But, my fellow Haemoncului, that's not a bad thing! It is easier to hide and claim cover - something that's a real PITA for bigger MCs.

Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 00:46

I love this model! It is the first thing on my list of the new releases
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 14:27

shadow hunter wrote:

I think I'll build it as the Cronos first, and use my metal Talos as a Talos until I can afford another.

Same. I have 2 old Taloi that I don't foresee me replacing anytime soon.

I will get one new kit for the bits and to make a Cronos though. Cronos is more useful for most my lists anyway since I don't like haemmies much.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 15:59

Yeah, I'm not that bothered by Haemi's either. I find the Cronos great for giving out pain tokens, and it suplpies a useful flamer and blast template weapon at a good AP3. I fight a lot of infantry marine armies so its very useful.

It also makes trying to fit in a succubus, the Baron or other characters easier too.

I used one the weekend to good effect. Although the second game the Death Company Dreadnought did slice it to pieces.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 14:20

Souleater wrote:
Yeah, new Talos is smaller than I expected.

I felt that way at first, too. But after completing the beast I don't think it should be any larger. Once you add the spines it looks pretty big, and since it's a DE model it shouldn't be all that big to begin with.
It's a very cool model though, and all the little extras really help it look like a bizarre creation.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:56

Guess I should've posted these here instead of the Painting & Modelling section:

Talo/Cronos Scale Talossize02
Talo/Cronos Scale Talossize

Talo/Cronos Scale Comparisontv
Talo/Cronos Scale Comparisontrv1
Talo/Cronos Scale Comparisontrv
Back to top Go down
Souleater
Slave

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 06:31

The Talos does indeed look a lot more imposing.

Having put together a Cronos I find it much smaller due to the lack of that big overarching tail. If seems a lot smaller in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talo/Cronos Scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talo/Cronos Scale   Talo/Cronos Scale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talo/Cronos Scale
Page 1 of 1