THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Eye
Slave
Evil Eye

JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme Empty
PostSubject: JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme   JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2022, 21:17

So in addition to being a fan of miniatures, I'm also rather fond of action figures. With regards to our hobby, I'd originally gone all in on the McFarlane line, but having recently discovered the wonderful JoyToy 1:18th scale figures, I'm probably going to invest much more in them.

As you may know, however, there are currently no Eldar (dark or otherwise) in the line. Naturally, this won't do, so I'm intending to fix this and make some 3D printable articulated 1:18 totally-not-Drukhari kits!

I have some experience with modelling things to be articulated, and have a Mars 3 Pro printer. I've also discovered that Elegoo's "ABS-like 2.0" resin is very good for doing durable prints. I actually use it as my default as it's tough enough for action figures, let alone minis!

Currently, I'm planning on doing a Lelith Hesperax figure (based on the 5th edition model rather than the trouser-wearing plastic monstrosity) and will also do some wyches to go with her. I'm intending to take a little artistic license with some of the designs; partly for "plausible deniability" should a certain model company take issue, and partly so I can have a bit of fun with them. However, they should look the part when painted up and posed next to the JoyToy line.

Anyway, a few questions for those present.

Firstly, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for figures and design elements? I'm thinking of starting fairly simple (wyches are actually quite good for this as, being rather...lightly clad, they'll be easier to engineer and not worry so much about armor banging together) and will probably only move onto anything bigger than a "normal" figure when I've gotten my workflow somewhat more in order. I do have plans to do reaver jetbikes, hellion skyboards and such later, though unless I somehow win the lottery and get an Elegoo Saturn 2 I'm unlikely to be able to do a Talos as that would be HUGE in 1:18th...

Secondly, where would be best to host the files? Cults3D seems like a good choice; MyMiniFactory seems a bit too focused on actual miniatures, whilst Cults seems more of a free-for-all.

Thirdly, what sort of prices would be fair for the STLs? It'd be nice to be able to make a little money off of them (especially with the work they'll require) but I don't want to be greedy.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme   JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2022, 22:23

I don't have advice on 3d printing in any way shape or form, as I'm a total boomer there. But intrigued to see where this goes.

JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme K93hWhs
JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme L1RsnGX
The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down

JoyToy compatible/1:18th scale Drukhari/Dark Eldar: An Insane Scheme
Page 1 of 1