THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers as special transports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Reavers as special transports Empty
PostSubject: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21 2013, 12:38

This idea has been bugging me long so I will bring it up and see what the forum says of it.

So, have you ever seen in real life some member of a 'cool' motorbike gang who has tattoos, a bike with flame-symbols on it and a violent personality? Then his girlfriend shows up and they both get on the bike and speed around in a very unsafe way?
I haven't, except in TV.

But anyways, I had been thinking this could be done for DE, with the following changes:
The motorbike gang is a reaver unit, the bike is (obviously) a reaver jetbike, and the 'girlfriend' is a wych unit.

So, simply, every reaver is a transport with 1 capacity, so six bikes could carry around a squad of six wyches. The wyches could move around the board very easily, with the turboboosting and all. The wyches could maybe add an attack whenever the reavers bladevane someone?
The wyches could fire like they could in normal transports, the reavers count as open topped, and if the reaver is killed, the wych has to take a test to wound, like on explosions.

The problems here would be the following:
If one reaver dies, and one wych has to disembark, what will happen to the rest of the wyches on the other bikes?
Should they disembark too?
Or, a little drastic, but, should the wych embarked on the jetbike automatically be killed whenever the jetbike is?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22 2013, 01:54

This sounds unreasonably entertaining. Looking at the model I'm not sure where they would hang on without amputating a limb. Lol I love the idea though!
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22 2013, 10:35

I modelled a Reaver with a Hellion hanging on the back waving the IG standard he's just captured. Sometimes I use it in my Reaver pack as an extra insult to the IG players. Bit tricky balancing it though, should've used a large flying base!

Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 11:43

New idea:

Add a special rule to wyches and bloodbrides (or maybe just to blooodbrides to make them unique) called
Hitchhike:
The reavers give their cult-sisters a lift to aid them in their raid against the puny opponents.
A squad of wyches or bloodbrides may make a special move if all of them are within 2" of a Reaver squad that has an equal or larger amount of models than them.
On the shooting phase, if the squad of Reavers turboboost, the Wych squad may go with them, travelling the same distance as the jetbikes do.
Then, once they have "hitchhiked" with the reavers, roll a 2D6. Move the wyches by this amount to any direction. The wyches cannot shoot in the same phase, but may charge on the next assault phase.

I think this could give a whole new meaning for a small (5) squad of haywire wyches. No need for venom transports Very Happy

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 22:13

I think it would be neat to have the wyches be able to jump off into combat with something the reavers vanebladed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 22:44

I like the idea, but in terms of balance you'd have to say the Reavers aren't allowed to bladevane or charge when carrying wyches. It'd be overpowered otherwise. You could, however, have them pick up the wyches just by passing over them during their turbo boost as opposed to having to start next to them. Because the imagery of wyches flinging their belt grappling hooks up into the air as the Reavers zoom over them and yank them into the air is just too cool Cool  Think of the sky hook scene from The Dark Knight as a reference point Smile 

PostSubject: Re: Reavers as special transports   Reavers as special transports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers as special transports
Page 1 of 1