THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents Corsairs

Go down 
+6
Bibitybopitybacon
Grub
Count Adhemar
Finn
egorey
Sky Serpent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 13:50

Really excited about this list, I think it is a lot more competitive than my current DE list and have lots of ideas for conversions. Let me know what you think....

Baharroth, 195pts

5 Dire Avengers, 45pts
Wave Serpent, Scatter Lasers, 120pts

5 Dire Avengers, 45pts

5 Dire Avengers, 45pts

3 Windriders, 51pts

3 Windriders, 51pts

10 Swooping Hawks, Exarch, Hawk's Talon, 180pts

6 Swooping Hawks, 96pts

6 Swooping Hawks, 96pts

3 War Walkers, 2 Scatter Lasers, 210pts

2 Vauls Wrath Batteries, Shadow Weavers, 60pts

1494pts.

Scaling up to 1650 would include a Warp Hunter and an additional Vauls Wrath Battery.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 14:18

Find the points for guardians n serpents. They are simply better. Keep one squad of swooping Hawks but use a squad of Warp Spiders for the other two squads. Just first impressions. I'm not fond of character HQs but Baharroth is not shabby.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 14:45

I'm not so sure if that many swooping hawks make a competitive list. They are great for harassing weak troops holding objectives in enemy's deployment zone. For other uses they lack a punch a bit. And I'm seeing little AT.

If you're intending to make a fun list, then it's fine.

Do you have any points discount on Dire Avengers? Yours are suspiciously cheap Wink

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 22:34

Finn wrote:
Do you have any points discount on Dire Avengers? Yours are suspiciously cheap Wink

Correct. They should be 65 per unit.

Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 00:49

Can't say I have seen the new Eldar codex in person but when I played Eldar a squad of 10 Dire avengers with bladestorm was the pinnacle of shooting then assault. People seem to be hating on them at the moment- is there something I don't know?
Perhaps drop one squad of swooping hawks and use the points to beef some of the dire avengers up to 10 man teams?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 04:30

Keep the 5 DA. They're the cheapest way to get a serpent and though guardians are more shots for cheaper they are also fantastically less survivable. That 4+ and extra 6 inches is enormous letting the stay out of rapidfire range and still get a save.

Sky, do you face a lot of tau? Seems like this list is almost tailor made to crush them!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 05:20

I would drop one of the Hawk units, (giving you 36pts to play with after correcting the DA unit costs) I would add cannons to the two windrider units. With the 16pts leftover you could add another DA? Actually looks like a fun list to play.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 13:45

I honestly think Dire Avengers are pretty good. That 4+ save saves you from all that AP5...made my DE sad.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 20:12

You might want to consider dropping the Hawks altogether and running Warp Spiders instead.

Much more flexible unit that destroys everything they shoot at (Vehicles, Flyers, Troops) and are extremely maneuverable.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 22:47

If he is tailoring against Tau then those hawks are perfect.

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 23:29

The Red King wrote:
If he is tailoring against Tau then those hawks are perfect.

In all fairness if he is playing against anything not marine based they do very well for themselves particularly against necrons and IG though your right in that they really shine against tau.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Corsairs   Sky Serpents Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents Corsairs
Page 1 of 1