THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Zumuku's thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zumuku
Slave
zumuku

Zumuku's thread Empty
PostSubject: Zumuku's thread   Zumuku's thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 21:34

Greetings, fellow Commorites, kindred, mon'keigh, and warp things.

1st goal: I am returning to the game and hobby after many years hiatus. I have some solid fistfuls of old range models, and not alot of cash to spend on new range models. The first goal of this thread is to log my restoration/reworking/repainting of my Dark Eldar.

2nd goal: I am part of a weekly local 40k league. I have the opportunity to play 40k with more regularity than ever before in my life. Also, the league gives me a chance to play with a degree of competitive spirit. The second goal of this thread is to track army list, battles, and tactics of my 40k career.

Traitor Guard Notice: Dark Eldar were my first love, and Lost & The Damned/Traitor Guard my second. After my brother and my friend both gave me their tanks, I have the capability to field a significant force of "counts as IG" traitors. They might sneak in here from time to time.

ON TO THE CONTENT: Magnetized raider!

Zumuku's thread 2013-010Zumuku's thread 2013-011Zumuku's thread 2013-012

Last night, since my favorite purple raider was missing her deck gun, and I have a bunch of tiny magnets lying around, I replaced it with MAGNETZ! I used a spare old range dark lance (pictured) and a new range disintegrator. Why stop there? Let's put warriors on this thing.

I can takes some pics of the magnets, but they went into one of each warrior's foot (left or right, depending on which side of the raider they're on) and one in the deck for each warrior.

Edit:

This is the current league standing. I am the ugly brown badge on tier 5 left.

Zumuku's thread 10158810

I'm climbing too quickly to have a legit badge. 2 league wins, no losses.

Tier 6 v tier 6 game: Purge, Hammer and Anvi, 1000pts vs Khornate CSM
Tier 6 to tier 5 game: Relic, Hammer and Anvil, 1000pts vs Gunline IG
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

Zumuku's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zumuku's thread   Zumuku's thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 22:40

An other purple 3rd ed DE player, great ! ^^

Your colour scheme looks simple, but ok. I think adding some highlights to the purple and some details in other colors, could really improve the look of your army.

Good luck with the league !
Back to top Go down
zumuku
Slave
zumuku

Zumuku's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zumuku's thread   Zumuku's thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 08:56

Thanks, Dr. Herbert! I'm embarking on a long and arduous journey to become a "good" painter. It's not easy, and I've been stripping models left over from my teenage years to for this task (and to remove the embarrassingly bad paint jobs).

One detail that the photos don't do justice to is lightly brushed bronze metallics on the rifles, armor, and raider. I think purple, red, bronze, and black (ha) are locked in as the main colors of my army.

Your army is super awesome - I have stalked your thread in envy.

Next items on the agenda:
> Paint magnetized weapons, pilot, deck gunner.
> Paint my (new range) ravager gunners.
> Strip and redo twenty 3e warriors and two 3e raiders.*
> Strip and greenstuff counts-as grotesques (pictured) -- already added some spikey bitz and bases (not pictured)
Zumuku's thread Grotes10

* There is apparently a paint stripping machine at the local gaming store which the local hobby expert has used to strip entire tanks without damaging them. I hope this works on fragile raiders.
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

Zumuku's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zumuku's thread   Zumuku's thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 09:29

Quite a Program, Good luck !

About painting, naa... you're gonna improve your skills with the experience. I have to say that you're really brave, cause it's really painfull to repaint stuff you've already done.

About striping, in France we've got a wonderfull liquid that is called Glanzer (a floor cleaner), you put your stuff in a bath of that liquid, and the paint gets off like a dead skin after something 3or 4 days, with no damage of any kind to the model, even if it's plastic. Don't know if it exists where you are though...

And thanks for the compliments about my kabal, painting all that stuff is hair-tearing, but i'm happy with the look of my shelf ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zumuku's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zumuku's thread   Zumuku's thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zumuku's thread
Page 1 of 1