THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisong
Sybarite

Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? Empty
PostSubject: Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?   Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 21:27

The Mantle of the laughing God removes the Independent Character rule from characters equipped with it. This turns them into either Infantry or an Eldar Jetbike. Since both of these Unit classifications are fielded with multiple models typically and can be joined by ICs, does this mean that the unit with the mantle could theoretically be joined by other ICs?

For example I believe the Riptide (a MC) can be joined by an IC as it is typically fielded with Drones.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?   Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 23:29

It doesn't really matter what the unit type of the Mantle-wearer becomes. The ability to join other units belongs to IC's and that section specifically says (emphasis mine)

BRB Pg39 wrote:
Independent Characters can join other units. They cannot, however, join vehicle squadrons (see page 77) or units that always consist of a single model (such as most vehicles and Monstrous Creatures)

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?   Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30 2013, 16:31

I think no, you can't join IC's to them. This is why: there is a difference between,say, Eldar Jetbike and Windriders. It says, as I believe the Count's quote is exact, units as opposed to unit types. Eldar Jetbike, or Infantry for that matter, are unit types,not units. Windriders, Guardians etc, these are units. A model who has had the independent character rule removed is a unit that always consists of a single model. So no, you can't join IC's to them. This is RAI and RAW.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?   Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30 2013, 22:28

Sadly not possible.

I can think how fun it would be to make a farseer babysit Mephiston to cc.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?   Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mantle of the Laughing God... Possible to build an IC only deathstar?
Page 1 of 1