THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wolffgard
Slave

HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC Empty
PostSubject: HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC   HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 08:55

Greetings fellow Arcons!

It has been a while since I posted, and played Dark Eldar (DE). I am attending a large tournament in September, and have started to evaluate my options. I have a Tyranid army, a Space Marines Army and my beloved DE army.

One year ago I attended the same tournament and came in #2 with my DE MSU list. The list was somewhat like this:
Arcon with Blaster
2 X 5 Warriors in two Venoms
2 X 5 Wyches with Haywire in two Raiders
2 X 5 Warriors in two Raiders
3 X 4 Blaster born in three Venoms
2 X Ravagers
1 X Razorwing

This is “of course” my 5th addition list. But last September, when the new rules book had been out for only a couple of moths, few players and armies had adapted (in that tournament anyway). Of course the Necron “flying circus” won, and almost all armies attending had flying stuff, but still – we where learning.

Last night I played against a nasty CSM army. 20 Cultists and 2 X 10 Marines hiding behind a defence line (2+ cover save when the units goes to ground), 2 X 3 Oblits, Defiler, a Hell Talon and 2 Drakes. I did all right turn 1 – 2, but then – I felt like I had brought a knife to a gun fight (usually my opponent feels the same). I played:
Arcon with Blaster
2 X 5 Warriors in two Venoms
2 X 5 Wyches with Haywire in two Raiders
2 X 5 Warriors in two Raiders
3 X 4 Blaster born in three Venoms
3 X Ravagers
1 X 5 Scourges with two splinter cannons

A shift in the game (in Norway anyway)
The Drakes “hit my” Skimmers, flamed skimmers and grounded troops. I fired all available lances and blasters but the dice goods where punishing me (felt like that anyway). I lost heavy! I took out most of the Oblits and the Defiler, but he safe guarded his objectives and decimated my troops holding my own objectives. 2+ cover save behind a stretched defence line, I just could not inflict enough wounds.

I see a shift in army construction. CSM Hell Drakes are so powerful. So is the Imperial Guard Vendetta list and all the nice flyers, toys and tools, both the Tau and Eldar deploy.

How do we cope with these flyer lists? Razorwing – Two dark Lances. With my luck I hit with one of them. And then a 4+ to glance ore penetrate. Not much threat. Voidraven Bomber, better Lance, more expensive (when tooled a little) and still only two shots.

This is not meant as a rant. But since the Dark Eldar was one of the last Codex’s coming before 6th I find it strange that we do not have better AA abilities. Sure, I can ally, but currently I do not have the time to build and paint new models (and in all honesty – a balanced army should be provided with some tools for the trades).

Does anyone have any suggestion on how we can deal with “a flying circus”? Please comment. I love my Dark Eldar but feel I have been asleep and woken to a nightmare;)

Thread locked. As you already made a topic in discussions. - Mush
Back to top Go down
Sharpe
Slave

PostSubject: Re: HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC   HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 11:15

My only suggestion would be to take a couple of Razorwings and maybe an aegis defence line with quad gun.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC   HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 11:23

We have that thread elsewhere already, no need for duplicate topics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC   HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELL DRAKES, VENDETTAS, DEFENCE LINES ETC
Page 1 of 1