THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? Empty
PostSubject: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 10:55

As discussed in my project log, Aequitas told me that the citadel EDGE paints are the liquid equivalent of the citadel DRY, but I search through GW website and I did'nt find the right paint.
The most approaching color is Ushabti bone, but it is too green for me.

The reason is because the color stated on the website as eldar flesh is not the real one.
They give a very light pinky flesh tone, but the real one is more yellow and shiny than pink.

If somebody knows the equivalence in GW range (or any other range of paint), please tell me.

GW picture:
Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? M2280483a_99189952009_EldarFlesh_445x319

"real color":
Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? B9aa2946ff5d5c014eda09992f5db95c
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 11:16

Whaat!? It could simply be the images that are throwing you off, have you taken a look on the real bottle/paint?

I'm gonna look it up for you once I get home, I'm frequently using my eldar flesh dry paint and I mix it with alot of white because I think it is too pink for my dark eldars. I don't recall it being too yellowish.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 12:28

Mine is as yellow as the second picture here above.
(and I use a 6400K light if anybody asks the question)
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 14:00

Flayed one flesh should be the edge paint that is pretty much exactly the same. It's almost white pink which is what my Eldar Flesh dry is as well.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 15:08

just to make sure I am not crazy: please confirm the linings here below are more yellow than pink!
Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? Eldarfleshdry

I swear this is eldar flesh diluted with clear water, and picture was taken with a 6400K daylight, I am innocent!!! please! please!
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 16:42

I just asked my wife who is pretty good with colors and she says that the pustiles on my nurgle dudes is the same as those highlights, judge for yourself Smile

Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? D7C3E7CB-6E6D-4D46-8E5A-BDA5EC49D5F9-5168-0000083902A4ABC3_zpsf1596f62

The pustules are done with pure unmixed flayed one flesh
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 17:00

Correct, it seems to be the same!
I'll buy the Flayed One flesh asap. Say "thank you" to your wife, Aequitas (and to the nurglings also!)
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 08:57

Yeah, busted. It is a little more yellowish. Maybe that's why I'm constantly mixing white.

I feel scammed by GW now, they're not selling the right color that they advertise!
Back to top Go down
bveazey
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 14:14

Well crap. I just bought the dry paint for my eldar skin. Awesome
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 16:21

I received my "flayed one flesh" edge paint. I can confirm that the color is very slightly different from the "eldar flesh" dry paint I own. I assume this is due to consistency and viscosity of the dry.
But this is far close enough, and it will do the job Very Happy

PS: I'll take a picture of both paint bottles under the same light when I have time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?   Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar flesh dry : Liquid equivalent?
Page 1 of 1