THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Differences in Haywire Blasters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Differences in Haywire Blasters Empty
PostSubject: Differences in Haywire Blasters   Differences in Haywire Blasters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2011, 05:06

As abjectus recently pointed out in the discussion of the Reaper, the Haywire Launcher of the FW Shadow Spectres' Exarch penetrates on a 5 or 6, vs. just a 6 for our Haywire Blaster. It also has -1 Str. and AP, and 50% greater range.

Given that the new DE range came out two months before the Shadow Spectres, I am curious about why FW would choose to create a different Haywire weapon, experimental or otherwise? When you consider that we may get something similar, if not the same, with some future FW love for The Kin, is it worth them making it a completely different weapon different from ours when it's benefits are marginal, at best?

Yes, it has a better range and haywire penetrating ability, but it's lower strength practically nullifies any regular armour penetrating ability and that minimizes the bonus factor of the 5+pen haywire effect. And unless you conveniently give every other squad that may end up using it the benefit of relentless, it's heavy weapon status is a real detraction.

Any thoughts?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Differences in Haywire Blasters   Differences in Haywire Blasters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2011, 06:02

I think it's forge world being Forge World. They make pretty models and their rules are written by their trained chimps chained to type writers.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Differences in Haywire Blasters   Differences in Haywire Blasters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2011, 06:44

It's kinda like with normal firearms... I think.

But I totally agree with "FW chimps". IMHO they should use "standard" random effect label so people would not be as confused as with "new" Storm Shields and pre-FAQ DA/BT ones.
Back to top Go down
DrBored
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Differences in Haywire Blasters   Differences in Haywire Blasters I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 02:39

I wouldn't be too worried about it, honestly. Their weapons aren't assault like ours are. Yeah they're longer range which is nice, but with our 12" jump pack move, the range becomes equal. Forgeworld will be Forgeworld, and unless you have a lot of people that like to play with Forgeworld models and rules, it doesn't seem like anything you'd ever have to encounter. For example, my metagame is that everyone plays some version of Space Marine and Imperial Guard, and nobody has a single FW model. Casual games abound. Concern for Forgeworld models minimal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences in Haywire Blasters   Differences in Haywire Blasters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences in Haywire Blasters
Page 1 of 1