THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Non-GW Paints

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CheeZe
Hellion

Non-GW Paints Empty
PostSubject: Non-GW Paints   Non-GW Paints I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 11:11

I'm in HK for a short trip and I've found a street with a ton of hobby shops selling paint for the equivalent of US$1-5. Anyone know if those paints (Tamiya and such) are compatible with GW products?
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Non-GW Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-GW Paints   Non-GW Paints I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 20:08

Tamiya stuff is mostly acrylic based, not water based. They use a different solvent than the GW paints and thus don't mix well, if at all (the clear colors that is, never tried the opaque ones). Revell tends to work, vallejo and P3 is both awesome if you happen to see stuff by MiG, Secret Weapon or Kromlech (which will be mostly pigments), these are good as well.

I don't know much about other brands though.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Non-GW Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-GW Paints   Non-GW Paints I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 20:43

Dogmar is on it-Vallejo and P3 paints work awesome with GW. I also use a fair amount of Reaper paints as well with GW paints.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Non-GW Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-GW Paints   Non-GW Paints I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-GW Paints
Page 1 of 1