THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1999 Tournament List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

1999 Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1999 Tournament List   1999 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 20:45

Coming up is a tournament I plan to attend, it's 1999 points (so that we can't double the force org. chart) and there will be three games. The first and second game is always objectives (though not always capturing objectives, one game the objective may be to get a certain unit to exit the battlefield via your opponents deployment zone) and the third game is always kill points. I have a list made up, and would like to fine tune it. I beat orks with it the other night, but have otherwise not tested it, though from what I saw it works like I want it to. I can't proxy models, and I have an Archon, a Succubus, Duke Sliscus, 40 Kabalites, 30 Wyches, 5 Incubi, 10 Scourges, 9 Reavers, 3 Raiders, 2 Ravagers/Raiders (don't have the guns on them so could be Raiders) 5 Venoms and 2 Razorwings.

HQ:
Archon- Huskblade, Shadowfield

Troops:
3x 10 Kabalites -Raider w/ Splinterracks
2x5 Wyches, Haywires, Venom w/ Extra cannon

Elites:
2x4 Trueborn- 4 Blasters, Venom w/ Extra cannon
4 Incubi- Venom w/ Extra cannon

Fast Attack:
9 Reavers- 3 Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support:
2x Ravager- Night shields
Razorwing- Flickerfields

Total: 1997
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1999 Tournament List   1999 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 21:22

It looks solid, although I would drop the splinter wracks for a splinter cannon in each warrior squad. It just gives you more flexibility, range, and is fantastic for overwatch. It also means your warriors aren't tied to their raider an can opt to run along on foot in cover near by.

I'm personally not a fan of the cluster caltrops, but if I did run them I would use the set up your using. My only concern is those reaver are going to kill one thing and then get annihilated in return.

I'm trying to think of a way to squeeze in a PGL, as it would help your incubi. Maybe drop the ravager night shields and switch out the caltrops for 3 heatlance and a champion with venom blade. That should balance out if my maths is right. But those changes are more down to my own personal preferences. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 1999 Tournament List   1999 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 07:55

I agree with Mush on the PGL, I have run Incubi in every form imaginable (7 with an Archon and two Haemies in a raider is the most wreck-tasting unit in the game but probably a huge waste of points lol) and that PGL is a big must. Unless you play on a table with no terrain in which case the dark kin are screwed anyways. If you don't go for the PGL use your high mobility to make sure you aren't charging through terrain (and don't charge ap3 guns without at least a pain token because no cover saves for you).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1999 Tournament List   1999 Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1999 Tournament List
Page 1 of 1