THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you deal with enemy flyers ?

Go down 
+3
Azdrubael
DominicJ
LSK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

How do you deal with enemy flyers ? Empty
PostSubject: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 11:36

I came to the conclusion that our heavy support slots are a pain in the #@!*##" to decide whether you should take this or that. Especially when talking about anti aerial.

In your opinion, on medium size games (1400 - 1800 pts), is a " 3 x (3 DL Ravagers) "  list enough to deal with flyers or not?

Expecting you will lose maybe one ravager before the enemy flyers come into play, you still have 6 lance shots, so statistically, you may be lucky enough to get one 6...

Or, is it wiser to take 2 ravagers + 1 void bomber (or razorwing)?
Or else, to look for fortifications, quad guns, or other thing I don't even know.

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 11:53

Id say our best anti flier is a really hard question
Its not Ravagers by a long shot.
Its either our own fliers, or a quad gun, Not so much for skyfire and intercept, but just because it has a strength value.

The problem with our own fliers, is they come at the cost of Ravagers, and are very much a head butting contest. Is taking three Razorwings the right counter to three storm raven?
I dont think so.

But yes, our HS are so broken.
Ravager or Razor should be FA, or Pain Engines should be Elite, or they should be "squadronable", so three for one slot.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 12:42

I take one Razorwing. And i dont expect it to really down enemy Flyer, just occupy it for 1 or 2 turns if lucky. They are a solid choice regardless, able to show up and mop up any given squad to provide easy pain token for our infantry.

Considering that flyers arent that much long on board thats all that matters.

Ravagers should do what they supposed to do and not trying to down flyers untill they have dont all their jobs on the ground.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 12:58

I've had a lot of success with a dizzie razor, couple of stock missiles and 6 dizzie shots does a lot of damage on a squad caught in the open

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 14:43

I've had a lot of success with a dizzie razor, couple of stock missiles and 6 dizzie shots does a lot of damage on a squad caught in the open wrote:
That kinda defeats the purpose of taking Razorwing in the first place. Lots of our stuff can daamge squad cought on the open. Almost nothing can be a reliable threat to enemy Flyers, forcing them to react to them, rather then mauling our skimmers and troops.

Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 20:04

I run a pair of razorwings. Lances are generally decent against air forces, monoscythe missiles do a number on troops. Mind you, my ravager has kind of become a byword for 'useless' in my area, so my experiences may not be the best. I find that loading up a void raven to be able to take on infantry and flyers is too costly and points-inefficient. Razorwing does the job nicely against anything but a storm raven, and it's still comparatively good against those. There's very little that can start smashing S9 shots into fliers with ease outside of a void raven, but I reckon the razorwing has better game more of the time, and is an overall better option

Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 22:01

So, i'll give a try with 2 ravagers + 1 razorwing with two lances.
It can't be denied that the free monocythe missiles for AI is gold.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 16:29

ally in a crimson hunter... problem solved

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 16:37

Shadows Revenge wrote:
ally in a crimson hunter... problem solved
This is pretty much how im going to expand my list.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 16:41

I had very mixed results with the Crimson Hunter. Sometimes it came in and blew up an enemy flyer but other times it didn't. On every occasion however, it was destroyed the very next turn.

I've turned to other allied firepower for my AA. A squad of Dark Reapers with Exarch (with Fast Shot) manning a quadgun. If the 5 shot, BS5, twin-linked quadgun doesn't get the flyer with Interceptor, the Exarch then fires a couple of Flakk missiles on my turn and the rest of the squad lobs Starkrak missiles at it, all with Guide from my Farseer. Does the trick!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with enemy flyers ?   How do you deal with enemy flyers ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with enemy flyers ?
Page 1 of 1