THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with dug in enemy!

Go down 
+2
Skulnbonz
Sand Viper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sand Viper
Hellion

Dealing with dug in enemy! Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 19:18

So a slightly embellished title, but I'm interested to find out how people deal with the increasingly popular 2+ cover saves opponents are bringing to the table. Things like:

Go to ground guard behind an ADL
Pathfinders
Telion+Camo cloaked scouts

My search fu on the site has pulled up some very useful advice:
Liquifiers
Get the opponents into assault
Blade Vane Reavers

There is always the fallback I've always used to deal with Terminators. Shoot them loads until they roll enough 1s and die! But that isn't that useful against big squads or say eldar units with Fortune up.

But does anyone have any more tactics/tricks or units? I'm thinking pure DE here rather than dipping into allies (if only for the fact my little cult isn't playing with anybody else!)
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 19:24

Add a ram, and tank shock them out of the cover would do nicely.

BUT... people will soon stop taking those 2+ save guys due to tau and waveserpents. I wouldnt worry about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 20:14

Combat.
Liquifiers work a bit, but are expensive
Bladevanes are fine, but again, expensive.
Force it to GTG to reduce its effectiveness behind an ADL

But combat for the kill
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 21:12

Most of the options you listed have as their solution - assault.
The guard squad has as it's solution - sit out of range and ignore while killing everything else (especially command squads...)
...Also, you could assault it. Wink Though, actually, guard can be a bit tricky in assault nowadays...that said, few of the 2+ save build guard are kitted out to be much in assault, so, it varies.
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21 2013, 07:32

If you know your aponent is going to do this before the game starts use the seting up of terrain to your advantage. watch were he is placing terrain block it of with terrain of your own to reduce his line of sight. then place your objective markers in out of the way places which will force him to have to move his guys around if he wants to win. Then ignore the objectives until late in the game and the use your speed and manovabillity to claim them at the end
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2013, 00:23

If you win the roll to place objectives first, you can also try placing an objective about 4" in front of the ADL - depending on the shape that may prevent your opponent placing one behind the line where he can camp on it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sand Viper
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2013, 07:50

Creeping Darkness wrote:
If you win the roll to place objectives first, you can also try placing an objective about 4" in front of the ADL -  depending on the shape that may prevent your opponent placing one behind the line where he can camp on it Smile
Devious! That I like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with dug in enemy!   Dealing with dug in enemy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with dug in enemy!
Page 1 of 1