THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11 2013, 17:36

This'll be my first real game as Dark Eldar, and I'll be playing my friend's DA-proxied-as-SMurfs as he tests out the new codex. He's said he plans on bring a white scars list, so I'm assuming lots of T5 speed. I know he bought a box of the Centurion models, and I expect he'll be playing them as Devastators with the shiny new grav weapons he's so hot for.
Here's what I'm thinking, @1250pts:

HQ - Haemonculus w/Venom Blade, LG -65

Troops -
10 Kabalite Warrior, SC, Raider w/Dis Cannon, SR & NS - 180
10 Kabalite Warrior, SC, Raider w/Dis Cannon, SR & NS - 180
9 Wracks, LG, Raider w/NS - 170
5 Wyches, Haywire, Venom w/extra SC - 125
5 Wyches, Haywire, Venom w/extra SC - 125

Fast Attack -
7 Reavers, 2xHL - 178

Heavy Support -
Ravager, 3xDL, NS, FF - 125
Cronos Parasite Engine, Spirit Vortex - 100

Total 1248

Swapped the DL on the Raiders to Disintegrator Cannons to help deal with Centurions, any other termies, figure the Wyches cover the slack in the AT department. Thoughts?
I'm thinking I'll give him first turn, so that he scouts his bikes up into charge range of my Wracks. Was going to use Haemy to give the reavers a pain token, but I think I'll leave them in reserve.

C&C appreciated, thanks for your time!

Edit - Lastly, what d'you folks think of the following names?
Kabal of the Blood Eagle; Cult of Marrow Excised; Coven of Lambent Hunger
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 16:19

I've recently run something like your list against friendly 1250 Dark Angels (no flyer) except that I had a beasts unit instead of the Wracks, and 2 Ravagers instead of Rav + Cronos.

Your choice depends on him playing support mech or not. HWG Wyches are great but they will not be efficient before turn 2-3. You need some Anti Tank turn 1, at least to threaten him even if you don't destroy him.

As you only have one Ravager, I would keep at least one more DL on one of the kabalite raiders.
DL are also S8 which may help instant death on E4 multiwound models (but I guess centurions are T5 ?). But Disintegrators are a real threat to Space marines, they do'nt like it Smile

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 20:51

I was thinking as much about dissies, but I have made some changes to the list. Swapped cronos for Ravager due to the low str vs bikes and not being able to reach my army to share pain.; dropped the extra reaver for upgrade points; swapped back to dark lances in case he spams speeders or preds (previously an IG player, still has the mentality).

Why do you say the wyches won't be useful until 2-3?

How'd you do against the DA player? My best bud is DA so I can expect that matchup often in the future.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 21:57

I mean, in the case you want to quickly get rid of an enemy tank, you will not be able to assault with the wyches before turn 2 (depending on your moves).

They are great anti tank, but you still need to reach an enemy vehicule in order to be efficient. it is not that difficult to achieve, but it will take at least one turn.

T1: venom moves 12" , then flat out 18" .
T2: venom moves 6", wyches disembark 6", throw a HWG at vehicule, then charge 2d6" and attack the vehicule with HWG

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15 2013, 20:21

Yeah the wyches didn't perform spectacularly, but I won't complain.
He fielded only bikes, I tabled him turn 6. It was way closer than I wanted it to be though.
I'll try post a batrep in the next week or so.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
WarlordEXE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 19:36

why no night shields on venoms? your friend just bought 3 models for 80 dolllars and your not going to troll his grav weapons by making his total threat range only 24" Twisted Evil? I'd drop chronos, and maybe reavers, for another ravager and venom squad (but prob with warriors) while using left over points to get night shields on everything. Especially since TL-bolters on those bikes can actually be pretty nasty against our armor 10 vehicles with 2-3 HP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250   Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help our Dark Kin beat the pants off White Scars tomorrow! 1250
Page 1 of 1