THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Petulant Yoof

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gold Snake
Slave
Gold Snake

Kabal of the Petulant Yoof Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Petulant Yoof   Kabal of the Petulant Yoof I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 14:03

That is not the working title of the Kabal, but it gives a fairly good summary of the theme. The rebellious youth. Those darn kids.

Quick summary of the general fluff I'm aiming for:- A Trueborn son (unnamed) of a High Commorraghian Archon, who got tired of the stuck-up toffs who inhabit that district and fed up of living in his father's shadow, struck off on his own in Low Commorragh to create his own Kabal. Taking advantage of existing rivalries between the street kabals was a plot that took almost five years and many setbacks to bear fruit but when the dust had finally settled, four minor kabals had been reduced to a shadow of their former selves and the Trueborn son had his own cadre of handpicked young kabalites to form his very own paramilitary organization. Another four years' work would see him as a bonafide Archon of the Kabal of the Pretentious Noun (another title which is not final), a name that had been chosen (not yet, admittedly) to lightly satirize and mock the names of existing, older Kabals. The Kabal is still based in the same district of the Lower City where the Archon began his quest, and often conduct raids into real-space with temporary allegiances with whatever Cults, Covens or gangs want to share in the spoils.
Fluff over.

Aesthetically I wanted to create something that would sit somewhere between Mad Max-esque Raiders and a punk or cyberpunk street gang, albeit with the military equipment and posture that a Kabal would possess. They're going to be a sort of dusty dark grey with military/tiger stripes or other markings, definitely of bright orange. The fluff was shaped around this image to a great degree.

The fluff is also deliberately skewed to be inclusive in terms of what I can field. I'm not a player that goes at an army with a specific theme in mind, and tailor my list and my purchases to conform with a set of restrictions based on a playstyle or a background piece - I tend to just assimilate models to create a large collection and then have the ability to field several different lists depending on what I want to play with and I figure out what tactics I like as I use them.

Comments, advice and criticisms are welcome.
At this moment I consider the above synopsis to be a general idea of my aim but still definitely at a draft stage. The part about the Kabal being based out of Lower Commorragh is especially mutable due to your Wiki describing it as being a much more run-down and ruined part of the city than I initially though and that " it is said that only the lost and feral thrive in the lower districts of Commorragh" and I'm not sure if Kabals operating there even have the wealth to participate in real-space raids. Nevertheless I stuck them in there because it's vague enough to be changed later and it's decidedly not High Commorragh.
Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Petulant Yoof
Page 1 of 1