THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Unit3571
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Unit3571
Slave

Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 04:27

I want to ask a very important question regarding the Raider Rush/ Wall tactic.

Scenario:You rush up your raiders on turn one, turbo-boosting, and then turn them sideways to create a wall.(Since you don't need cover because you get a 4+ jink.) You then move your ravagers up behind the raiders. Turbo-boosting optional. Here is my question. On an opponent's turn if an opponent chooses to shoot at your ravagers , but has no choice but to shoot through the raider wall in front of them, does that ravager get a 3+ cover save for being obscured by the raider? Another way to ask that would be: Does a sideways-facing raider provide sufficient coverage for a 3+ cover save to be granted to a ravager/raider that is behind it?

Page 75 of the Rulebook states that if only a small part of a vehicle's facing can be seen; that the vehicle is obscured and gets +1 to it's save.
I understand that it might be one of those things that I just have to discuss with my play group.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 08:14

I think you misunderstand the rules. It is possible to get a 3+ save that way but it is conditional and not a given. To get that save the firing models need to be unable to see the facing they are firing at, yet still able to see part of the vehicle.

Generally being behind Raiders will grant you a 4+ in most situations.

Make sense?

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 09:31

Thor665 wrote:

Make sense?
5+ no? As being obscured by another model is only a 5+ save this edition. Or am I missing something?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 09:57

No, you are right, I did a transpose error thinking he was just adding the extra +1 and backtracked it to a four for obscured save as opposed to the five.

Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 10:13

In other word, turboboosting a raider in front of a ravager gives the ravager nothing, as it has a 5+ jink save already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 11:13

Mushkilla wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Make sense?
5+ no? As being obscured by another model is only a 5+ save this edition. Or am I missing something?
Nope, you're correct. Vehicles get the same cover saves as other models from whatever they are behind. So another unit is 5+, ruin is 4+, fortification is 3+ etc.

Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 13:06

Sort of a side point but... make sure there are a few pieces of LOS blocking terrain at your store or at your house. My brother and I made a huge wasteland canyon board with huge stone spires, mountains and other big pieces of terrain. Its super fun to play, gives great cover and makes the movement phase fun and important. On top of that GW suggests alternating placing terrain on the board from an agreed upon pool. So don't feel bad using that to your advantage if you are in dire need of cover.

Reece from frontline games is instituting big LOS (8+ inches x 8+ inches) blocking terrain at his store, and at all the tournments he runs. I'd feel free to do the same.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 13:10

Hehe. I remember the furore from certain (now) ex-players when NOVA introduced similar terrain a couple of years back. Wahwhahwah, it's a shooting game! How can I shoot you if I can't see you? Try playing more than one phase of the game each turn maybe?

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 14:43

Talos wrote:
In other word, turboboosting a raider in front of a ravager gives the ravager nothing, as it has a 5+ jink save already.
Well...it depends. With how turbo boost works now there are some solid possibilities with it as a tool to protect an immobilized Ravager, or one that didn't move for some strategic reason.

Back to top Go down
Unit3571
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 09:35

OK then. Thanks dudes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders   Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obscuring Ravagers with Raiders
Page 1 of 1