THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! Empty
PostSubject: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 12:43

It's almost time for the Raging Heroes Kickstarter to start sending out models: the project matures next March, when they hit normal suppliers, but if you are involved with the Kickstarter, the first wave of models are going to be sent out when ready.

I just had a happy hour choosing how I will spend my $160 pledge: Having been playing Dark Eldar for about 8 months, I have refined my lists to exclude some units, but have yet to try others (haven't tried Baron, Beasts, Haemies...).

I am going to go for a lot of basic troops: it was always my intention to use RH models for most of my infantry; by the time I have finished, most will be RH models, with only Trueborn being GW models.
I will still be using GW vehicles, as I love their aesthetic, but with rowdy pirate girls rather than spiky armour and pointy ears!

I know that my largely non-GW army won't be allowed in GW branches, or Throne Of Skulls, but seeing as my last army, Skaven-Counts-As-Tyranids was also refused entry at Throne Of Skulls, I no longer feel compelled to play by their rules! Independent clubs, and friends' houses, are much nicer environments!

Who knows, if I can up my painting skills to the point that my camera stops sadly shaking its head at me, I may even try posting a project log!

At the level I have pledged, I can buy:
3 boxes of 5 Kurganova troopers, and 2 of troop command squads; this will give me 2 full 10 (wo)man squads, plus optional sgt loadouts
3 bikers, which I shall run as Beastmasters, hopefully rearing or jumping!
2 techno-witches, to be regular Haemies
...and the new sculpt of Ivanka, who is already my Archon. Having 2 of her means I can use one as a magnetised baseless one for when she is embarked on her Raider!

The freebies that I will also get are amazing: 14 of them, and they look great fun:
Werewolves to replace my Grotesques
Jetpack girl as the Baron
Pregnant Witch Mother as Ancient Haemy

The rest will be bitz for vehicles(I can't wait to have a little girl with a teddy bear as a Venom gunner!), dioramas, or given away as presents.

Thus my army will be mostly RH infantry, GW boats and Trueborn, and WarMachine Steamjacks for MCs. They won't get me through the door in GW branches, or ToS, but they will be pretty! (Until I paint them, of course...)
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 10:47

When do you get to pick your stuff? I'm going with most of the heroines and skipping troop boxes.

I have so far not seen much conversion of count as from the stuff. Not DE alike. But you're giving me some great ideas.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 12:16

They should have the selection process coming soon, but it hasn't happened yet.
I know they want to release a lot of new images of models prior to asking people to pick.

I'm planning on running pretty much all of mine as IG with my Guard army.
I was planning to use the pregnant heroine as some sort of DE/Daemon figure, and was sill debating which.

Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 11:58

Raging Heroes are great. This one is an ideal Lady Malys - http://www.ragingheroes.com/products/skaarlys

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 13:12

Just as a random bit of candystorm for Raging Heroes.

I had an order in to them that included a Sci-Fi Vestal Command Group Box.
I received a Fantasy Vestal Command Group box.
I didn't notice this right away because I was out of town and came back to my order a month after arrival. That would be beyond their deadline for replacement of incorrect items. I decided to beg anyway and let them know what had happened.
End result - an apology on their side and I now have the correct item.
Also, they randomly gave me a gift miniature with my main order 'just because'
I am loving this company.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!   Can't wait for The Toughest Girls! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't wait for The Toughest Girls!
Page 1 of 1