THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

2000 point army Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point army   2000 point army I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 16:48

ok so im in a escalation league at my local GW and we are playing up to 2000 point and i plan on destroying all of my competition. so here is my list i would appreciate alot of critiquing.

1 archon
-husk blade
-shadow field
4 incubi
venom with night shields and splinter cannon
278 points

2x 5 incubi
venoms with night shields and splinter cannon
175 points each

1 haemonculus
-liquifier gun
9 wracks
-2 liquifer guns
Raider with night shields
240 points

3x 10 kabalite warriors
-splinter cannon in each unit
in raiders with night shields
180 points a unit

Imperial bastion
-quad gun
125 points

2 razorwing jetfighters
- nightsheilds
165 points each

Voidraven bomber
-nightsheilds
155 points
Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
Slave
Captain Obvious

2000 point army Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 point army   2000 point army I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 18:56

Not knowing what your meta is i can probably assume youre gonna be facing mostly tau, eldar, SM's (including the more popular BA and DA) and likely some orks (i havent been to a GW or LGS yet that didnt have at least 2 ork players Smile )

so the first question is: what's the bastion for?? Id scrap for some reavers, more troops or even Vect instead of the archon and save yourself 10pts but if your heart is set on taking it, I would drop the Wrack Raider and upgrade the Haemonculus to an ancient manning the quad gun for extra AA support and the wracks manning the other weapons. That way you have a BS5 running the quad gun, BS4 on the bolters AND a tough unit holding down the objective.

Secondly, if your going to take the archon with the HB, you should definitely take the soul trap with the leftover points. HB is awesome but at a constant Str 3, the archon is gonna have a tough time wounding an IC with a high toughness. At least with ST you should only have to struggle the first time. Or you can skip the HB and ST and save points altogether and go with a VB for the 2+ wound. I would also throw in a PGL on your archon to help your incubi seeing as they dont have 'nades. Your call.

Third, the warriors look solid, I'm might find some points for some splinter racks but that personal pref. I roll like crap ALL the time so I usually invest SR on any warriors staying on their boat.

And lastly, you have some great AT for later on in the game but you're counting too much on getting them turn 2 and that's if you're opponent isn't running a mech list.  If you're worried about flyers, I'd keep the voidraven w/ FF for the 5++ and drop the 2 razorwings for 2x triple DL Ravagers w/ NS. In fact I'd try to fit in some blasters on the warrior squads to help with that as well because relying on one DL shot from each raider is gonna hurt you if you miss. If you have any points left over just use them to fill in any gaps.

All in all, the current list won't crush the competition but with a few tweaks you'll be well on your way, hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

2000 point army Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 point army   2000 point army I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 19:42

Ok first things first

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!

now that thats over and out of my system

i can easily scrap the bastion its only worth for me was early game AT and AA and a big flashing neon sign distraction. i think your right about swapping out the archon for Vect and that looks like a nasty pairing with incubi

yeah and i think i will drop 1 razorwing for a ravager, your right about the early game AT i do need it.
i added blasters to each of my kabalite units

Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
Slave
Captain Obvious

2000 point army Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 point army   2000 point army I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 20:20

No problem lol yea going with Vect will almost assure you first turn to wreck face! Not to mention the truly insane amount of attention your opponent will devote to Vect (assuming they know who he is) forgetting everything else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2000 point army Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 point army   2000 point army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point army
Page 1 of 1