THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

need some list ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

need some list ideas Empty
PostSubject: need some list ideas   need some list ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12 2013, 16:20

I’ve had a really good success streak with my main list and subtle variations (between 1500 and 1850 points. Generally comprised of 6 warrior venoms, 3 blasterborn venoms, 3 ravagers and then a haemonculus hq and some scourges or sometimes vect at 1850.)

I want to change it up a bit and get something a little more fun.

My main idea looks something like this

Vect on the Dais of destruction (I’m not dropping the Dais, I love using it)
I usually run him with wracks for the pain token and majority toughness boost. Plus they are decent in combat. I’m open to other ideas for the mandatory 9 models though.. maybe wyches? With haywire at least they could murder vehicles when they got close. The dais helps get them in there..

I then want to run a kitted out combat Archon on the Tantalus.
I’m debating whether to take a court of the archon and the tantalus as a dedicated transport or if I should take it as a heavy support and pile in grotesques. The tantalus is fast, lots of hull points, flicker, armour 12. Vect gives me a very good chance of going first. 7 grotesques will likely be in enemy territory at the end of my turn one. They can soak damage, protect the archon and cause all sorts of hell.
Not to mention vect and his squad also getting in dirty.

I really like this idea for the 2 monster HQs.

Past that is the question. Do I take three ravagers? (depends how I take the tantalus)
Blasterborn?
Maybe no ravagers and take 2 void ravens?
Maybe even 2 talos?
What if I took 2 combat HQs who go first, rush up and break face, and then 2 talos?
The talos might be a little more secure if those two deathstars are the main focus.

How many venoms?
Maybe take raiders for dark lances and load with wyches? Seems unreliable though. I could still take 4 or 5 venoms.

If I went the talos route, what if I took a beast squad? That’s so much crazy combat… no space for the baron though…

Help give me ideas for 1850! I’m adamant on the dais with vect and the tantalus with the archon. I know it may not be the most efficient but I like it.
What else to do though??
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: need some list ideas   need some list ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12 2013, 16:21

oh, maybe incubi too?
probably too expensive though.
and vect/the archon are both beatsticks enough on their own. they dont need incubi.

also considering a farseer ally on a jetbike to try to fortune a shadowfield.
but looking at 200 points for a rerollable save, doesnt seem worth it.
what about other eldar powers though? some of those crazy combat powers could help from the new book...
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: need some list ideas   need some list ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12 2013, 16:57

what about changing the archon for the baron?
can he ride in a tantalus?

vect + dais + wyches
baron + tantalus + grotesteques
hellions
2 talos
beast packs

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some list ideas   need some list ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some list ideas