THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Paper Planes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

1500pt Paper Planes Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Paper Planes   1500pt Paper Planes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 17:37

Hello,

Recently I have been going through the Craftworlder section of our beloved forum and found an extremely interesting list in egoery's awesome mini blog known as the Yacht Club.
The basis for the list calls for as much minimal squads of warriors packed into as many raiders as possible, backed up by a flotilla of ravagers, with some minimally upgraded haemos for HQ requirements.

Now I love playing Dark Eldar at around the 1500pt level, but my local Meta is almost entirely eldar and tau gamers with a strong presense of chaos and vanilla marines. My biggest problem unsurprisingly is matchups against tau. Tau are a hard match up for my DE as I am mainly a lover of cult armies which are blown out of the air the moment they come into SMS range. Out of all my confrontations, the best I have mustered is a draw, all games had no night fight and I always ended up going second.

Now I'm bringing a list that really will scare them. A 1500pt adaption of the yahct club with a little spice thrown in.

HQ

Haemonculus

Elites

3x3 blasterborn in venoms (they will be raiders when I get enough)

Troops

4x5 kabalite warriors in raiders

10 kabalites with shredder and lance

Fast Attack

2x3 reavers with heatlance

Heavy Support

3x Ravagers

Total: 1499

Now it isn't quite to my liking yet, due to my lack of raider models. When I get more, I'll break up the 10 man foot squad in a single five men in a raider and the venoms may or may not become raiders depending on how successful it is next week.

Thoughts:

The way this will work is that I will have the haemo with the foot warriors who will hide out of range of shooting or markerlights. When threatened they will go to ground hopefully in a ruin for 2+ followed by FNP. Their lance is for the odd tank that moves up the midfield and the shredder is just because I didn't have extra points for a blaster. Gunboats for mobile scoring and anti monster anti tank and the venoms are around to tackle the odd wraith knight or gun emplacement. They will be heading aggressively up front to tackle targets with their onboard blasters. Ravager do what ravagers do best, a psychological threat and anti armor/terminators. lastly, my reavers will gun for line breaker and to make a nuisance of themselves in my opponents back field.

All in all, I'm excited to try it out, especially against a local tau player who runs a Riptide marker drone list similar to the one Mush faced.

Feedback is welcome and I'll be out there soon sharing the pain Twisted Evil

Last edited by Shrike423 on Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Paper Planes   1500pt Paper Planes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 22:56

Tey wouldn't get a 2+ in ruins. They would get a 3+. Area terrain gets the bonus 2+ cover. Also, I would give the haemy an upgrade instead of the shredder. Just me though
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Paper Planes   1500pt Paper Planes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 23:04

Hmmm... I was actually thinking of putting retrofire jets on a ravager or a blasterborn venom instead. As an upgrade for the haemo would be nice, there are only two 5 point ones to consider. Animus vitae or a venom blade, none of which appeal to me as I don't want him in combat.
I understand what you said about ruins but I'm factoring in area terrain in that statement as the base of a ruin is area terrain 4+ defined in the BRB.

I will consider additional alternatives to the shredder and I thank you for your input. I'm just not sure what to do with that 5 pts! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Paper Planes   1500pt Paper Planes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20 2013, 00:31

Kind of drunk right now but I think you might be investing in too many dark light weapons. Unless your ravagers have disintegrator cannons or something. Drop the lance on the 10 man squad get a splinter cannon. Then give your Haemonculus a Hexrifle or something. You just gave yourself 7 36" range shots for the cost of 1.

Edit: Oh and they can all move and shoot unlike the dark lance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Paper Planes   1500pt Paper Planes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Paper Planes
Page 1 of 1