THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013

Go down 
+17
Nico
Plastikente
Saintspirit
Gherma
Lord_Alino
Balisong
The Eye of Error
Foo
Darkgreen Pirate
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Tengu
Mngwa
facelessabsalom
Thor665
ligolski
Archon Claus
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 22:16

They are excellent, I saw a preview of them a while ago and have been eagerly waiting for them to surface here - not as eager as Gherma, though  Very Happy 

Gherma, I think that you must share how you converted these, I could see them being popular with quite a few people.

*pulls out quill - one down, two to go*

Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 22:26

Then in the next days I'll do a tutorial... sadly I've got only "finished" pictures and not step by step.
However very proud you like them.

Now for me it only remains to wait in anger the present for mine XD.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 07:40

The models look better in real life. Now I need to improve my painting skills to try to come closer to what you did. You gave me some good ideas paint wise too, thanks.

What I can see from the models. Upper bodies are Warlocks with wych blades in offhand. Wych legs. Cool greenstuffing work with cables and other covenish details. The liquifier gun is made from a shredder.

Stunning wracks and very inspirational as a whole. Hopefully you will receive your present soon.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 15:50

Gherma, those are awesome. What gave you the idea?

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 17:00

At the new Dark Elves day one I've immediatly fell in love with the Doomfire Warlocks... they are so covenish! But in my Dark Eldar army I don't use coven units (except Talos)... so when my victims details says "coven" I decided to do the conversion I've thougt about for him.

GW Wrack models are very nice... but too static (and to pricey) IMHO so I've decided to put the upper body of the Warlocks on the beautiful running Wyches legs. Then I've added some covenish detail to be more similar to the GW ones... cables, scars, pierced parts, and so...

I've even thought that if someone yet have an entire army of totally different Wracks, can however use mine for something else like coven style Incubi or what else.

And I can tell you more... with the remaining 5 Wyches legs of the box and the head and capes of the Dark Riders coming from the same box of the Warlocks I'm converting some Fremen style models (DUNE) counting as warp spiders!

STAY TUNED FOR THE WRACKS TUTORIAL AND THE FREMEN SNEAK PICS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013 - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2013
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8