THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? Empty
PostSubject: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:42

I am considering using 4 Grotesques for my Archon's retinue, and am looking for alternative model ideas: I would welcome suggestions!

My DE army are pretty pirates, not Cenobites: I am using Raging Heroes for Wyches and Archon, bright red and gold as a colour theme, not using any skulls, chains etc, and have several independent minis for Hekatrices, Duchess Sliscus etc.

I would like my Grots to be elegant and dominating but not necessarily, er, grotesque! Can anyone offer suggestions please?! I am familiar with Rat Ogres, from my Skaven Counts-As-Tyranids, so no to those; Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? Warspears_CLPD
Warspears look ok, how do they compare in size? Am I looking for Terminator sized models, or bigger?

As a guide, I use Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? Blighted-legionnaires-unit
Everblight legionnaires as my Incubi.

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:11

I've seen Ogres.
I'm actually thinking tyranid warriors, need to sort out if they can be equipped with all CC weapons before I buy, but they only come in threes.
Maybe three warriors with a tyrant guard.

Not really grotesques, more, pit beasts for the wych cult
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:15

Or Raveners
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 04:57

The war spears are spot on for size
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 05:45

I used warspears with great effect. http://www.thedarkcity.net/t143-haemonculi-coven-models

Scroll to the bottom of page 1.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?   Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Considering Grots for my Archon: alternative models?
Page 1 of 1