THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 PT Coven Foot List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

1500 PT Coven Foot List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 08:06

1X Haemonculus – Venom Blade, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, Dark Gate
1X Abberration – Flesh Gauntlet
4X Grotesques – Liquifier Gun
Pt: 335

1X Abberration – Flesh Gauntlet
Pt: 335

1X Acothyst – Flesh Gauntlet
9X Wracks – 2X Liquifier Guns
Pt: 150

5X Scourges – 2X Blasters
Pt: 140

1X Talos Pain Engine – Twin-Linked Liquifier Gun, Twin-Linked Heat Lance
Pt: 115

1X Talos Pain Engine – Twin-Linked Liquifier Gun, Twin-Linked Heat Lance

1490 PTS

I need to fill in 10 more points somehow... anyways, how do you like this? I plan to start one of the squads of Grotesques at the upmost edge of my deployment, and then move the squad 6 inches and then place the webway portal down -I use dreadnaught bases as webways- so that atleast 1 talos can come in 6 inches farther from the portal, then move 6 inches and hopefully assault, as for what will be in reserve I plan to have both Talos Pain Engines and maybe 1-2 squads of Wracks. Not alot of Anti-Tank so I thought about taking out a Talos for another squad of Scourges. although... I am using Vampire Counts to make all my models, so doing Scourge Counts would be a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 02:19

So basically it's like this

ANTI TANK - Scourges

ANTI INFANTRY - Wracks and Grotesques

ANTI TANK/INFANTRY - Talos'

Back to top Go down
Stwess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 08:31

I like that you are playing around with slightly unusual list set ups (coven, footdar) but unfortunately, this list has huge glaring errors.

It is too slow, aside from scourges nothing can move more than 6"+run a turn, if you face anyone mobile, you're a dead man. Honestly I like to see people going for new things but a list that is this slow but has no ranged ability that is really worth mentioning is dead in the water.

It lacks anti-tank, 2 haywire blasters firing at full capacity = less than one tank down a turn. Talos  are not going to be in contact with tanks until turn three at the earliest, unless your pponent is suicidal

There is more, but I feel these two glaring errors are what you would have to address before contemplating tweaking the list further.

ST

EDIT: Abuse of game mechanics al a your "strategy" for gaining further movement from your WWP is not something I would recommend.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 16:20

1X Abberration – Scissorhand
Pt: 330

1X Talos Pain Engine – Twin-Linked Liquifier Gun, Twin-Linked Haywire Blaster

1500 PTS

I've replaced a Talos with 5 more scourges, also, I was thinking about maybe ditching a Grotesque squad and putting the Haemonculus with one of the wrack squads, would this be a good Idea? It would leave me with 205 pts, in which I could probably get another 5 scourges with blasters and a smaller wrack squad to come in through the webway and take objectives, or a Talos with a smaller wrack squad. Opinion?
Back to top Go down
Stwess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 16:34

Unfortunatly you havent really fixed the initial AT problem. You double the number of Scourge but in reality it doesn't boost you AT immensly. As it stands you could, at best, kill 1 tank a turn (3 Hull points = both squads at one tank) or 2 tanks over 2 turns (2 HPs off two tanks turn 1, another 1 HP of each Turn 2). And that is not taking into account any misses; rolls of a 1 when rolling for haywire result; scourges being targeted and killed - which, if I had tanks I would target first as they are the only legitimate ranged threat.

I like Scourge, but what they excell at (when equiped with Haywires) is stripping those last HPs off of tanks, allowing you to focus your guns that have penatration potential elsewhere.

I think the reality of it is you will not be able to pull together enough AT in this list to stand any realistic chance against any mobile/armour containing force, without including any vehicles, non-coven units or allies.

Sorry to be so negative about your idea, I just can't see it working.

ST
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 18:12

You thought my Scourges had haywires? No, I gave them actual blasters. They're pimping in out.

As for the AT problem, I could probably convert a ravager or two into a Coven unit... although... I am using VC (Vampire Counts) models as my Coven... I'll find out how to convert the, anyways, here is a list with ravagers -

1X Acothyst – Venom Blade
Pt: 260

1X Haemonculus – Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun
Pt: 200

1X Haemonculus – Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun
Pt: 200

1X Ravager – Night Shields, Flicker Fields
Pt: 125

1X Talos Pain Engine – Twin-Linked Liquifier Gun, Twin-Linked Heatlance
Pt: 120

1500 PTS

9 anti tank weapons on table
1 off

To many Anti-Infantry to shake a stick at. Is this list better??
Back to top Go down
Stwess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 22:25

My apologies I miss read, though 4 blasters would still not have been enough.

I like the new list better though. And I would quite like to see any results you get as I enjoy the coven theme as well.

As for the new list, I'm not sure the extra two jeans are worth it, they cost 130 pts between them. That's almost the same as another unit of 10 with 2 liquifiers and an aconthyst, which would add resilience in the form of pure wounds, increased scoring and a better meatshield for those grots.

ST
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 23:19

alright, thanks, I'll fix the list, because that was the one thing that came to my mind -Thanks for your help, you win a cookie, I'll post on here if I win or lose my first game-

Pt: 135

1500 PTS

Here is the final list, I'll change it up as if I notice something -such as drop some wracks for some scourges if I need more AT- but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 18:06

You've got 2 dark gates which isn't allowed, unless you mean webway portals but that's a different thing. I think the flesh gauntlet would be better on the aberration. You obviously know that this list isn't top tier competitive, so I'd be tempted to go all out with the haemie theme and take Urien with a big über grot unit, similar to your first list. It's got some very clear hard counters but the changes you've made (adding 2 ravagers) won't help your problems all that much and just dilute an awesome theme. I'd prob run something like:

Urien
9 Grots, S6, ab., flesh gauntlet
10 wracks, 2 liq.
10 wracks, 2 liq.
10 wracks, 2 liq.
10 wracks, 2 liq.
5 wracks
5 wracks
Talos, tl-liq., tl-heat lance
Talos, tl-liq., tl-heat lance
Cronos, vortex, probe

Grots start fearless (and have 2 ID weapons) and you've got a bunch of high T wounds stomping up the board backed up by 50 wracks.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 06:16

Sorry, bug, ment Webways. as for the list I tested it 3 times

Once vs Grey Knights, My win, with about 1000 pts of guys left

Once vs Orks, My win, with about 1200 pts of guys left

Once vs Tyranids, and we didn't get to finish as I had to leave.

Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 13:41

If you're feeling up to it I'd love to hear a more detailed breakdown of how the games went. I'm always interested in hearing the Good/Bad/Ugly of how different parts of lists worked and how well they worked together.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 18:11

Alright, I assume I can post that up here? -I won't be posting exactly what they have, but what I remember in their upgrades-

First Game vs Grey Knights, he had

1 Vindicare Assassin

1 Crowe

1 Librarian

2 squads of 10 purifiers -2 Psy Cannons and Daemon Hammer

1 Venerable Dreadnaught - TL Lascannon and AutoCannon

2 Razorbacks

Turn 1 - I went First

I held 2 squads of wracks and the Talos in reserve

Moved up everything besides the two ravagers

Glanced 1 Razorback and Pinned the other. The Pin was a weapon destroyed

His Turn -

He moved up a bunch of guys, Fired the Vindicare Assassin and failed to wound at a haemonculus.

Killed about 4 wracks - I was rocking those FNPs-

Pinned a Ravager and crew shaken, crew stunned it.

My turn 2 - A wrack Squad and the Talos came in

I blew up both Razorbacks

I Liquified about 4 Purifiers, charged the Liquifiers with the Haemi Wrack squad, and the plain wrack squad that started on the table, we got in CC, I lost 3 wracks, killed 3 Purifiers

His turn 2 -

His Dreadnaught wrecked my already wounded Ravager

His Vindicare Assassin failed to do anything

He killed a grotesque -not jimmy!-

CC continued, I lost 5 wracks, he lost 2 purifiers, I stayed In CC

My turn 3

Wracks came in

Blew up Dreadnaught

Killed Vindicare Assassin with Scourges

Liquified 4 more purifiers and Crowe -Crowe had 1 wound left-

Charged the 6 Purifiers with 10 Wracks, 4 Grotesques, and the haemonculus.

Lost 4 wracks, killed 4 purifiers in the new charge.

Lost the rest of the wrack squad he was beating on, the other wrack squad wiped out the last of the purifiers.

His turn -
Crowe Charged my wracks and haemonculus, got in, wasn't wounded.

Crowe and the Librarian were now fighting the wracks and haemonculus -librarian was with the 10 purifiers-

Crowe and Librarian killed 5 wracks -wakka wakka-

Finished up all but 1 Purifier with my horde on the other side of the board -by other side, I mean, 2 ft away Razz -
Lost 2 wracks in that CC

Turn 4 for me

Charged Crowe and Co. with Talos and Wracks
Killed Co.
Crowe wounded nothing.

Finally finished off the Purifier.

Consolidated 5-2 inches with each squad towards Crowe.

His turn 4

Crowe fought bravely, and died.

Giving me the win -yay-

I'll post orks up later, I need a break from typing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11 2013, 23:42

I want to add 350 pts to this list, and I was wondering what to add.

I thought about 2 wrack squads and a Haemy, Urien and a squad of wracks, or Urien and a squad of Scourges.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2013, 09:45

I tried adding 350 to the army - here it is

1X Urien Rakarth – Upgraded Grotesques
Pt: 545

1X Haemonculus – Venom Blade, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, Webways

1X Haemonculus – Venom Blade, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, Webways

1850 PTS

The Grotesques and Wrack squads all start with FNP and 3 Wrack Squadrons and the Grotesques have 2 Tokens, which adds Furious Charge Very Happy

The other 2 Wrack Squads start with 1-2, depending on my Urien roles

Talos starts in reserve and 3 wrack squads do as well. The Ravagers start in cover, and the Scourges start out of line of sight, of everything.

The Grotesque squad usually makes it into CC, and kills whatever it attacks -except for you, Thraka... I'll remember you- , it's been working well so far as I have 5-1-2 which seems pretty good to me. (1 draw and 1 win from the 1850 point one I'm showing you guys)

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2013, 09:58

It is interesting. I see that it is a Webway and I have never really tried to use one of those lists, I usally just use our vehicles for a speedy attack than using a mass of bodies.

I will say good use of everything. I can't really see anything to take away, even though I swear by Agonisers, which you could drop the Flesh Gauntlet for, but then you have Venom blades, and with 10 points (if you take both off both Hammis) I cannot see anything to put them into. I was going to suggest that since your Scourges are Anti-Tank perhaps replacing the blasters to give them earlier sniping abilities. This would also help against pestky TEQ. There again you could always sqitch to Heat Lances, which are better than blasters, but are less points, in my opinion. This would pop more tanks or those TEQs easier. There again these are not really needed in my honest opinion. The list looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27 2013, 08:15

Thanks Jack, you can see my score in the signature with it, your ideas are nice, but my list has been good so far

My anti-tank is good, I should know, 18 grot tanks would show my anti-tank skills Twisted Evil 

My anti infantry has been GREAT

and my Anti Flyer? Meh, fliers aren't a big deal, and if they are, I can always snapfire them.

I thought about downgrading the Gauntlets for either Agonisers or Venomblades (Venomblades are fun) and throwing in some darklances for the scourges, maybe a heatlance for the talos
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 01:18

Well the Heat Lance for the Talos would be good for an elite delievery system. I mean not much can just walk up and kill a Talos. So I can see Heat Lances working honestly. Still, I stick by my words, your list is good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 07:46

alright, thanks
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19 2014, 15:03

1X Haemonculus – Huskblade, Webways, Shattershard
1X Aberration – Flesh Gauntlet
2X Grotesques – 1X Liquifier Gun
1X Raider – Flickerfields, Nightshields, Disintegrator Cannon
Pt: 360

1X Haemonculus – Huskblade, Liquifier Gun, Webways
Pt: 280

1X Acothyst - Hexrifle
4X Wracks
Pt: 75

5X Scourges – 2X Darklances

1X Ravager – Night Shields, Flicker Fields, Retrofire Jets, Darklances, Grisly Trophies, Torment Grenade Launchers

1X Ravager – Night Shields, Flicker Fields, Retrofire Jets, Torment Grenade Launchers, Grisly Trophies Darklances

1X Talos Pain Engine – Twin-Linked Liquifier Gun, Twin-Linked Heatlance

Pt: 1850
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 PT Coven Foot List   1500 PT Coven Foot List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 PT Coven Foot List
Page 1 of 1