THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point Coven List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecophagy
Slave
Ecophagy

1500 point Coven List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point Coven List   1500 point Coven List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 16:12

I was idly playing with lists, and decided to try one using Coven troops. Mostly for fluff reasons, and because I'm curious to experiment with sub-optimal choices (ie, grotesques and pain engines) because I think they're cool.

Ideally, the list would maintain the theme, but this obviously limits the choices somewhat Razz

Total: 1500

HQ:
Urien Rakarth: 190

Haem: 100
WWP, Liquifier, Venom Blade

Troops:
9 Wracks 100 + 70: 170
1 Liquifier, Raider (Flickerfield)

Elites:
6 Grotesques: 240
+1S from Urien

Heavy Support:
Talos 130:
Chains Flails, ACCW, Stinger Pod

Talos 130:
Chains Flails, ACCW, Stinger Pod

The plan is fairly simple - drop WWPs, make huge scary things come out of them. There are so many pain tokens afloat that at least one unit starts the game with all three, and fearless Wracks seem like pretty reasonable objective holders and FC makes them not terrible on the charge.

The main issue is probably a lack of anti-tank - only 3 lances ranged, relying mostly on Grots and Engines in CC. While they can bust tanks pretty handily, acutally catching them might prove problematic.

The list also looks like it might have issues with MEQs and Monstrous Creatures/Walkers, because I actually have zero of the splinter weapons which are so effective against them. I am contemplating dropping the third WWP to upgrade Haem with agonisers. Possibly even introducing Acothysts and Aberrations with agonsiers.

I am also sad at the total lack of PGL Sad
Back to top Go down
Liberame
Hellion
Liberame

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven List   1500 point Coven List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 20:25

Honestly, I see your point of bringing Urien for the additional d3 tokens, but at 1500 pts you are probably best off just bringing another regular hemmy w/ liquifier gun + venom blade and sticking him with the grots. Without Urien you'll have extra pts to give the grots a liquifier as well, with an aber w/venom blade. This should leave you with enough points to get a third Talos. Your list still suffers from lack of AT, but at 1500, you shouldn't see TOO many parking lots.

Also you could drop 1 WWP and upgrade all 3 Talos to have TL Heat Lances, and have enough pts left over to give one hemmy an agonizer, I recommend the one going with the grots myself.

Use your Talos against enemy walkers, and although you may lack splinter fire. Remember that your wracks are poison 4+ therefor you shouldn't fear MC's too much. Just stay away from the few who out initiative you.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven List   1500 point Coven List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 23:40

I think you have too many points tied up in hq's by dropping urien and another haemie (2 wwp is plenty in 1500) you could get 2 x 5man wracks w/liquifier in twin splintercannon venoms and upgrade both talos to heatlances with 20pts spare.

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven List   1500 point Coven List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point Coven List
Page 1 of 1