THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darthvegeta800
Hellion
Darthvegeta800

Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 13:18

I've finally begun assembling my Dark Eldar. I have old and new Reaver Jetbikes. And quite a few at that as i have 2 old battleforces and 2 new ones.
I was wondering though... how do you guys field them? Is it worth investing in a leader? And are there some 'must-take' weapons?

I also wondered about the old Reaver Jetbike. It comes with an extra blade fan but it has a pin implying that it can either go in the weaponslot or the baseslot... neither seems logical to me. Should I just file of the little nob attached to this extra little bladed fan and randomly glue it on or is it supposed to represent something specific? (it's piece 9 on the old Reaver Jetbike sprue)

Thanks for the help to this newbie! Smile
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 17:32

The Arena Champion is an ok upgrade, as it gives them a boost in leadership. Reavers that fail morale are falling back 3D6, and considering they can be taken in small numbers, morale checks can be common once they get shot at. Go for it if you have the points spare I'd say. It's useful, but not essential.

Heat Lances or Blasters are a must in my eyes. To have that much manoeuvrability on an awesome weapon is brilliant, and it makes them an extremely diverse unit. Bladevanes for anti infantry, then special weapons for anti tank, and a terminator or 2!

Haven't used the Cluster Caltrops and Grav Talon. The General consensus seems to be that they aren't worth it. 20 points for the Caltrops is nearly another Reaver... But others may disagree...
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 18:27

8 reavers, 3 heatlances
1 arena champion, venom blade - 249

OR

8 reavers, 3 blasters
1 arena champion, venom blade - 258

Reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Darthvegeta800
Hellion
Darthvegeta800

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 18:42

Thanks guys! Any of you recognize the enigmatic bit nr 9 i referred to?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 18:46

Glue it as you like. if you like. It was made during the old set of rules and special wargear. Nowadays nobody never recognizes what wargear DE have glued on the models.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 02:55

Hi Darthvegeta800! That piece is I believe an optional bit to cover a hole in the underside of the jet-engine/quad blade area. I have many of those pieces leftover. That same hole also doubles as the insert point for the plastic rod. The older reavers are still very cool models and personally I think that they hold up well against the new models. The only downside is the pilot's head which never seemed to mould together very evenly and when painted appears to be lop-sided.
If you cover the insert hole, you can carefully drill a spot into the underside of the fairing for the rod to go in. This will make for a better balanced model like the new ones which are a dream to put together. To get around some of the balance issues of the older models, I stuck small stones on the back of the reaver bases as they were constantly tipping forward with the slightest of knocks.
Back to top Go down
Darthvegeta800
Hellion
Darthvegeta800

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 19:20

Thanks for the info! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions   Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes: a few questions
Page 1 of 1