THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Player, DE/Daemons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Takionbrst
Slave

New Player, DE/Daemons Empty
PostSubject: New Player, DE/Daemons   New Player, DE/Daemons I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20 2013, 06:43

This will be my first shot at building a list--- I'm definitely a new player, but I've been reading rules and tactica voraciously so hopefully I don't make too much of a fool of myself. The idea is to make a 2k points wishlist based around shooty DE with a (mostly) Khorne based daemon attachment. Fluff wise the archon and his buddies decided that MURDER is a pretty sweet side dish to PAIN and so have been following the wake of a bloodthirster & co.

+++Dark Eldar+++

HQ: Archon
Blaster
75 pts

Troop: Kabalite Warriors x10
Dark Lance
Raider (splinter racks)
185 pts

Troop: Kabalite Warriors x10
Dark Lance
Raider (splinter racks)
185 pts

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn x4
Blaster x4
Venom (splinter cannon)
173 pts

Blaster x4
Venom (splinter cannon)
173 pts

Blaster x4
Venom (splinter cannon)
173 pts

Fast Attack: Reaver Jetbikes x6
132 pts

+++Demons+++

HQ: Bloodthirster
Greater Reward
Greater Reward
290 pts

Troop: Bloodletter x10
100 pts

Troop: Bloodletter x10
100 pts

Fast Attack: Screamer x6
150 pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince
Daemon of Khorne
Daemonic Flight
Warp-forged armor
Greater Reward
Greater Reward
260 pts

Total: 1996

I had the original idea to include daemons because the models are cool tbh, but I think I have a halfway decent rationale for including them in this list. For starters, the two FMCs provide some anti-air vector striking, with a ~~55% chance to land a S8/AP1/Lance skyfire shot from the greater reward table. Otherwise they can smash some tanks or cleave some dudes. Screamers and jetbikes run a turbo-boosting, bladevane-ing cover screen for the shooty boats and the bloodletters. Screamers have the potential to kamikaze melta bomb some tanks. I'm hoping the daemon attachment and the bikes can provide distraction/mobile cover for what I hope is a suitably dakka gunboat squad.

As above, this is my first list so I'm all ears. I'd love to hear any general listbuilding tips, or specific tweaks to this list. I'm not certain I expect the list to be super competitive, but it'd be nice if I could at least stand a fighting chance against a decent variety of armies. Is this a realistic hope? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Player, DE/Daemons   New Player, DE/Daemons I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20 2013, 18:53

I think you'd be better off going tzeentch for the big guys. Also having only 2 scoring units at 2000 points is a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New Player, DE/Daemons   New Player, DE/Daemons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 03:47

4 scoring units? maybe, some reports please?
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: New Player, DE/Daemons   New Player, DE/Daemons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 04:03

They are desperate allies. Two scoring units only
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player, DE/Daemons   New Player, DE/Daemons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player, DE/Daemons
Page 1 of 1