THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting) Empty
PostSubject: DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)   DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2020, 22:29

I've been wondering how to go about making my DE Daemons list in 9th.

So far I've got this:

Flayed Skull Battalion (0CP)
Archon w/ Huskblade, Blast Pistol, Obsidian Veil (Warlord: Soulthirst)
Drazhar
3 Sslyth
5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Blast Pistol
5 Mandrakes
5 Mandrakes
Ravager w/ 3x Disintegrator, PGL
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle, Grisly Trophies
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle

Ynnari Harlequin Outrider (-3CP)
The Yncarne w/ Unbind Souls, Ancestor’s Grace
Shadowseer w/ Neuro Disruptor, Veil of Illusion, Gaze of Ynnead, Word of the Phoenix (Exalted of Ynnead: Lord of Rebirth)
Death Jester w/ The Jest Inescapable
2 Skyweavers w/ Haywire Cannons, Zephyr Glaives

2000pts, 8CP

Any thoughts?

Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)   DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 08:47

Well, a context would be nice... What is behind this build, what are you up to and what is your plan?

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)   DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 11:47

Fremen wrote:
Well, a context would be nice... What is behind this build, what are you up to and what is your plan?

Ah, fair point. Perhaps an explanation would help. Razz

The concept is based on the Kabal of the Wraithkind and it's "daemon courting" Archon. The idea is to use Ynnari Harlequins to represent daemonic or Mandrake-like entities that the Archon has courted as allies.

If you're interested, this is the modelling thread for my army:

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t18875-kabal-of-the-the-undying-shadow

Anyway, in terms of tactics, the Archon, Sslyth and Drazhar will go in a Venom, with the Kabalites in the others. Mandrakes will deep strike. The Shadowseer, Death Jester and Skyweavers will likely form a little group, ideally on one of the flanks to make the most of Veil of Illusion. The Shadowseer can try to heal or revive Skyweavers, whilst also throwing out Mortal Wounds by various means. The Death Jester will probably focus on preventing units from Overwatching (I know it's a Stratagem now, but still). Skyweavers will attempt to bring down enemy vehicles and also tie up units in melee.

I haven't managed to play any games of 9th yet (still waiting for my club to reopen), so I'll freely admit that I don't really have a feel for how games play out with the new VP rules.

My army is quite mobile, so I'm thinking that secondary objectives like Linebreaker would be favourable. As for the primary objectives, I've got a fair amount of shooting, plus the Skyweavers, Yncarne, and Archon squad to try and force enemies off them in melee. I'll freely admit, though, that I'm not especially confident in my ability to hold them for an entire turn afterwards (I'm assuming most people use Coven for that?).

Again, I'm very much theorycrafting here, but it seems like my best bet would be to spread myself quite thin and aim to make it very hard for my opponent to both concentrate his forces on the central objectives, whilst also stopping my units from occupying the far corners of his deployment zone. If he goes for the main objectives, I'll probably just try to shoot him off rather than making a strong effort to take them. If he goes for my units in his own zone, I'll see if I can get a foothold on them.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)   DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Daemons (9th Edition Theorycrafting)
Page 1 of 1