THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pt ALPHA strike?!

Go down 
+2
Lord_Alino
Laughingcarp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

500pt ALPHA strike?! Empty
PostSubject: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 04:35

Starting a campaign with homebrew rules for Planetary Empires;
the part you need to know is that each of my tiles will contain a carbon copy of one 500pt defence force determined before the campaign starts. As such, it needs to be as TAC as theoretically possible at this point level.
But more importantly, it needs to be able to do as much damage as possible before it gets tabled (as damage dealt vs attacking forces results in casualties to the army list if I manage to wipe squads, but damage to the defence force doesn't affect me aside from potential loss of tile).
Please don't comment on the details above aside from asking questions, I know it probably doesn't sound like a cohesive plan. But them's the rules.

So, 500 pts to do as much damage to varied forces as fast as possible!

HQ - Haemy, Hexrifle - 65

Troops - 2x 5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom w/ 2 SC - 110

Heavy - 2x Ravager - 105

495pts

Thoughts?
What would you field for this situation?
Likely enemies include just about every other codex.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 07:57

in this situation? Umm... what you have is good, except change all of the darklances on 1 ravager to dissinigrator cannons, there goes about 4-5 mehreens a turn!
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2013, 07:09

Yeah I've been toying with that, but I'm torn. I feel like the extra DLs to remove vehicles is probably more point-effective way to remove their units, no?
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2013, 08:38

At this level, with 5 points to spare, take out the Hexrilfe, add in an Agosnier. It will help take care of most HQs or Monsterous Creatures.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27 2013, 11:14

JackKnife01 wrote:
At this level, with 5 points to spare, take out the Hexrilfe, add in an Agosnier. It will help take care of most HQs or Monsterous Creatures.
How is he going to get to most HQ's or MC's? There's no space in the transports, and hexrifle is the only decent ranged option a Haemonculus has.

I'd keep it as is.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 01:29

In my experience Hexrilfe does little to nothing. There again maybe it was bad rolls. I say Agonsier is better because he will probably end up in hand to hand with that unit. Simply because you get a point for killing the Warlord. Agonsier's do well from what I have seen of them in combat. They have helped me kill MC and HQs a like. They ignore the toughness on the MC and in challenges they help me kill the HQs. Again what you want to do is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 06:24

I don't have fantastic experience with the Hexrifle either, but all he's going to do footslogging with a melee weapon is get casually swatted like a bug. This way he can hide in cover and be annoying, maybe snipe a special weapon or two, maybe get a hilarious character kill, and go to ground when shot at. Not too worried either way, I don't expect to win many matches with this defence force just try get kills.

Mostly I'm agonizing (hah, see what I did there? See it?) over how to run the Ravagers. I read somewhere that someone suggested 2x DL, 1x Dissie on each Ravager.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 14:16

Hello Smile
When I run my all coners win list :PI run:
Heamo
3 x warcks
3 x warcks
Venom, Dual SC, NS
Venom, Dual SC, NS
Ravager 3 x DL, NS
Ravager 3x DL, NS

This works for me.

Never forget, DL is both AT and AI, just try to take out som Tyranid Warriors with em Razz
Dissie's is only AI...
Because of this, I always take pure DL Ravagers Smile

Hope it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2013, 05:57

Huh, I like it.
You keep the wracks in the venoms? Situationally?
Yeah DL is AI as well, it's just that there's so much MORE AI with dissies.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 09:00

Adding a dissie ravager adds more flexibility in MEQ/TEQ removal. In 500 points, you are unlikely to be swamped by vehicles unless you're against other DE or Orks, in which case Dissies are more reliable anyway due to sheer quantity of bullets
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 09:04

@hydranixx;
I should have specified in my original post, this list will end up squaring off against progressively higher point lists, so the risk of vehicles rises exponentially.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 06:54

I guess lances are a higher priority then.

Btw, love the names of your cult + coven Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 16:08

I use dissies and dark lances, here's my thing. Everyone says dark lances are AI and AT. Well the same is true in reverse, DC's are great against light armor. Remember our skimmers are fast, you can hit rear armor if you really want. Against AV 10 a Dark Lance ravager will do 1.667 hull points with a 40% chance to destroy. A Dissie Ravager will do 2 hull points with a 33% to destroy. To me they're about even on light armor.

However in your situation and with so few points DL might be better to snipe multiwound models. Although you're using two ravagers, so you can do like I do and use one of each. Though they are your only source for dark light.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 22:04

Yeah I think I will be sticking with lances.

Thanks dude! Those were easy to write up;
-Blood Eagle from my love for Norse Mythology and culture
-"Marrow" Excised coming from Marvel mutants
-"Lambent" Hunger from Gears of War.

@Expletive Deleted;
Yep Dissies are totally solid vs light armour.
The only issue there is I'm going to be the only guy bringing light armour in the whole campaign. My opponents will be primarily various Space Marine chapters, Tau player who mostly enjoys Hammerheads as far as vehicles go, Eldar, Necrons, and either Guard or more Marines. So only one opportunity to exploit light armour with Dissies, and I can't justify bringing them for that little chance.

What do the rest of you folks think of the idea of swapping Kabbies for Wracks, and putting NS on everything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500pt ALPHA strike?!   500pt ALPHA strike?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pt ALPHA strike?!
Page 1 of 1