THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points

Go down 
+2
Snakeman
hydranixx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points Empty
PostSubject: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 07:34

When I read that Corsairs have versions of their own Venoms, with access to scatter lasers and  identical foot soldiers to board them except they have melta's for variation, I knew I had to try make a list maximising the number of venoms, within reason. (I'm not buying a prince and retinue for 124 points just to unlock a venom)

Corsair Force - 1395 points

HQ - Corsair Void Dreamer
Gyrinx

Elites - 3 Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors Squads
5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Dark Eldar Venom w/ 2S.cannons

Troops - 6 Eldar Corsair Squads
5 Corsairs, Fusion Gun, Corsair Venom w/ Scatter Laser

Fast Attack - 3 Corsair Hornet Squadrons
Hornet w/2 Scatter Lances

Dark Eldar Force - 603

HQ - Archon
Blaster

Elites - Kabalite Trueborn
4 Trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/ 2s.cannons

Troops - 2 Kabalite Warriors Squads
5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom w/ 2S.cannons

Heavy Support - 1 Ravager

I'd like to think this sort of list would work pretty well to be honest. Target saturation is massive, and adding so many scatter lasers solves almost all the traditional Dark Eldar Venom spam list issues.

Sitting on 13 Darklight guns, 6 fusion guns, 12 Scatter Lasers and 12 Splinter Cannons, we have over 15 skimmers, and quite frankly there isn't anything out there we can't deal with. Higher points and we could even delve into heavy support for the corsairs, or add my hornets to the squadrons.

Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
Snakeman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 21:55

What sort of tactics would you use with this?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 06:27

Well, like regular venom spam lists, you move your flock of highly mobile venoms to prioritise enemy support teams - your long range splinter cannons force enough saves on most infantry to kill devastators, havocs or special weapons teams, while your dark lances, fusion guns and blasters target things like obliterators, crisis suits and broadsides to try instant death and get past their save.

Then you play cat and mouse with the shorter ranged portions of their list. As with most venom spam lists, you accept that you may well lose half or even more than half of your transports before turn 3, but you have so many that it doesn't really matter.

Enemy Marines doing a Rhino rush/Razorback spam? Against enemy dark eldar or orks? No problem. Scatter lasers are good against all of these.
Monstrous creatures? No problem. Splinter cannons were almost designed just to troll these.
Enemy Deathstar unit? No problem. You have a minimum of 8 highly mobile scoring units which can fly 24" away. Or you can position well around it and kill it with weight of fire. Experience will teach you what to do in each scenario.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 12:46

I'm really liking the look of this list. After recently obtaining the Doom of Mymeara I've been wondering as to how to run Corsair Venoms, and I think I'll give this a go.

Highly mobile and lots of scoring units. Where is your Void Dreamer going to be placed, or is he going to be walking around using his powers to try and support the rest of the army?

Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 15:54

I also approve this list. It looks really tight and well though out. Kudos

Rock.
Back to top Go down
dvs1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 08:04

I thought you could only include 1 allied squad as an elites choice? Also, our Hornet costs were recently adjusted with IA:apocalypse. You save 5 points apiece with your setup, but now pulse lasers are the same cost as scatter lasers. With all the str 6 from your corsair boats, no reason not to switch the hornet load out.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 08:20

The Void Dreamer is a liability because he's so squishy, and worth the warlord point. However, the combination between his first psychic ability (D6 AP2 auto hits) and the Gyrinx (re rolling that clutch D6 if you roll poorly)
= barbecue some terminators :3

If you were concerned for his survival, you can make room for him in the trueborn venom, though thats a very expensive basket if the eggs fall out.

Alternatively you can choose the prince if you like, but I find him even more over priced for what he can do. The only saving grace being that once per game nuke, but before he's anyway half decently sorted for combat, I'd much rather save points and buy a combat Archon

I haven't read the IA:apoc tbh. It would probably change my list a little, and I do agree that I'd pick them pulse lasers to add in some more high strength shootyness to this little gang of eldar

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
dvs1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 08:42

Also, I have found the prince to be quite a supporting character. Take 2 princes and either take 1 retinue to unlock a venom for them all to ride, or give the pair jet packs and attach them to another jet pack unit. Each one uses his solar pulse one at a time, and you have a way to stall enemy shooting for two turns. 3 if you roll the first turn night fighting. I find that, with all the DE night vision to work wonders.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2013, 07:12

I have considered that, to be honest.

But I find its a lot of points sinked into one strategy that may not work if your opponent has a fair amount of search lights, or blacksun filters or is even Dark Eldar himself.

You'd be looking to beef up and equip your princes so that they're not terrible, but at the cost of another corsair squad per prince, you have to weigh up your options carefully

Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 06:14

Awesome list. I recently got IA11 and the only change I would make is replace one "corsair" kabalite group and replace it with an CW Eldar unit of Fire Dragons in a corsair venom, then replace the DE blasterborn with a unit of splinter born. the Fire dragon guns are more useful I think than the blasters and 5 dragons in a corsair venom cost less than 4 blasterborn in a DE venom without the extra splinter cannon. Obviously DE splinterborn produce more shots than 5 kabalite troops in a venom. I think the switch is the exact same price but you get ONE extra s8 ap2 gun (but melta) haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points   Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair/Deldar Venom Spam 2k Points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: