THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Why bring your own quadgun

Go down 
+3
Kepisaun
hydranixx
DrakeHarkonnen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

Why bring your own quadgun Empty
PostSubject: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 06:24

So the last couple events i have gone to i have been lucky enough to take over the opposing players aegis line and use it to my advantage. Looking for awesome stories involving using the enemies own resources against them.

Event 1 VS Space marines with a bunch of bikes, some devastators behind the aegis and 2 storm talons. I ended up taking the aegis line, split baron off of the beast pack onto the gun and went to town. Ended up bringing him down to a single storm talon with one HP left.

The next event is my favorite, playing vs nurgle marines. Two helldrakes, defiler, autocannon havoks on the gun, two demon princes, two cultist blobs, and two helbrutes all kitted out for shooting. Going first i was able to assualt behind the line on turn two and consolidated onto the gun. I glanced one heldrake on the intercept when it came in on his turn 2. I left the gun to clear out the cultists and i had a unit of wyches lose combat to a helbrute (sad day). Luckily, they rallied onto the gun, the rest of the game they shot down both heldrakes and the helbrute they lost combat to.

Any other stories of space piracy on the tabletop?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 08:50

Reavers are pretty good for this.

I've seen a few games where the DE player mass turbo boosts like 18 Reavers into whatever squad is using the quad gun, then use it the following turn to nuke their airships.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Kepisaun
Slave
Kepisaun

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 19:12

I play against a lot of guard blobs behind an Ageis defense line..... I might have to try that bike thing:)
Back to top Go down
KingKae
Slave
KingKae

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18 2014, 11:42

This sounds like an awesome idea ill have to try this on the tau players at my shop they always take them
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 04:00

To OP: Because then you have two. :-)
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 11:54

I have on occasion taken a Quad-Gun/Icarus, and never really found it helpful. The only times I've ever found one useful, I was using my opponents. The Reaver rush works very well for securing a Gun Emplacement, but I'll also throw in a mention for Scourge. Twice in the past it's been my Scourge I've been able to get onto a Gun Emplacement (granted, not quite as fast as Reavers, but still).

I will still throw in the slight aside that the Aegis is something that can be useful for Dark Eldar, especially with a Comm Relay. Those things have saved my plenty of times.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Denizen in the Dark
Hellion
Denizen in the Dark

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 00:31

LOL!

Let a helldrake fly in and roast your units one after the other and you'll bring one!

But I'm with you guys on taking it from your enemy,man that really gets people hot.

Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 18:39

I really have no issue with a helldrake. When i know my opponent is bringing one i will turbo boost into their deployment zone for their turn 2. If it comes on it will vector strike one thing and flame something after that it will be forced into making hard choices, depending on how far it flew in it may even have to decide to either fly off or go into hover
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why bring your own quadgun   Why bring your own quadgun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why bring your own quadgun
Page 1 of 1