THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bring me the next victim...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rennac
Slave
Rennac

Bring me the next victim... Empty
PostSubject: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 00:56

Good evening my fellow Archons, Succubi and members of the Coven.

I'm Rennac, 20 years old, British, and studying at the University of Warwick. I've dabbled on and off for years with 40k, but decided after having a year of running a Rogue Trader RPG campaign, and saturating my love of 40K with the video games and Dark Heresy... not to mention the novels that I should actually try the hobby out again.

Long story short I am here now with my battleforce and Archon, and my younger brothers hobby supplies (seem 'fairly' exhaustive, he plays a lot...), partially built. I'm very eager to try and magnetise, and gruelling as it has been after a fair few hours I've nearly finished assembling and magnetising my Wyches.

So yeah, there's where I'm at, very much looking forward to learning more from you guys in terms of modelling, tactics and most of all fluff/background Very Happy.

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 06:57

gratings! - i got force awakened so that is sadly the most sympathy you can get from me now Sad

glad you joined the club, and i am looking forward to your project log, as well as batreps Smile
but i cant get the grasp on why you would want to magnetise wyches? Substitute them in for BB maybe?(??)

Nux
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 07:11

Welcome!

Rogue Trader does do a good job at making you want to be an evil elf space pirate high on pain. The tactics section is not bad (where Nux and I live) however The Dark City has an amazing (and I mean AMAZING) fluff section (the modelling section is pretty awesome too).

Here are some tasters:

Piercing the Dark
Truborn
A Rendezvous in Aelindrach
Crossing of Hearts

Enjoy. Smile

Enfernux wrote:

but i cant get the grasp on why you would want to magnetise wyches?

To help them stick together... duhh

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 07:29

Mush...ever heard of cement? XD Mix in some extra components, and it is flexible as rubber glue, but durable as the cement. Only one part fell off of one of my raiders - due to falling about 0.75 meters Razz - and i only had to remold a crack in it - quickdry liquid plastic ^^ idonu whats that called in english i found one that was "made in china" XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 07:35

Enfernux wrote:
Mush...ever heard of cement?XD

Those must be some heavy raiders! Wink
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 08:41

Welcome, look forward to seeing some of your work
Back to top Go down
Rennac
Slave
Rennac

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 10:03

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd read some of your posts before Mushkilla lurking on Warseer, and do enjoy those reaver heavy lists of yours.

Hopefully I'll take some photos of my Wyches once fully magnetised and I'll make a proper log of the Kabalite Warriors. Really the Wyches were done as practise, they are some of my least favourite models in the code thematically (crazy I know!) and I wanted to get my Kabalite Warriors and Raider, not to mention my Archon, perfect.

Quick bit of buying advice, once I'm done assembling and painting the Battleforce and Archon what is the next purchase for beginning to create a competitive list, another battleforce, a couple venoms?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 10:39

Thanks. Smile

Rennac wrote:

Quick bit of buying advice, once I'm done assembling and painting the Battleforce and Archon what is the next purchase for beginning to create a competitive list, another battleforce, a couple venoms?

In the battle force you had: 10 warriors, 10 wyches, 3 reavers and a Raider. Is that right?

I think most people buy another battle force. Personally though if you don't want to invest too much straight away, I would get another raider (so both your troops have transports) and 3 more reavers. The reavers are not the cheapest option (GW seems to price them the same as SM and ORK bikes,,,) however 3 reavers on their own are not going to do much, 6 on the other hand is a lot more useful (assuming double heatlances).

But wait! A battle force is £65 and a Raider + Reavers is £46.50 so you do save money with another battle force, however it depends if you want to mainly use warriors or wyches. Either way I would order from Total Wargamer The do 20% off most DE stuff (of course there is postage but it's never been more then £4 for me so you still save a lot) and the service has always been great in my experience (battleforce is £52 on their site).

Hope that helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 16:30

First of all, I am glad that you have found your way to Commorragh, home of the Ynneas Eldarith. It's always good to see new members.

There are loads of great tacticians and story writers that can help develop you army into a cattle-race butchering machine and provide plenty for you to read. I am looking forward to see what you have to contribute. Very Happy
If you have any issues with The Dark City or how to use it the feel free to PM me.

Quote :
but i cant get the grasp on why you would want to magnetise wyches?
I'd guess that it's just to swap out the Wych Weapons, Enfernux.

Enjoy TDC!
Back to top Go down
Rennac
Slave
Rennac

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 00:12

Hey Cavash.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have had a wonderful day reading your fluff after that recommendation from Mushkilla above. Keep up the excellent work!! (Let me know if you want someone to try and do some more of the proof reading for you sometime, occasional mistake I couldn't help but notice Smile )
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 00:25

Proof reading team assemble! *blows trumpet*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the next victim...   Bring me the next victim... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring me the next victim...
Page 1 of 1