THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ultramarines characters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Groke
Slave
Groke

Ultramarines characters Empty
PostSubject: Ultramarines characters   Ultramarines characters I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 01:27

My first army is Utramarines.  I've been playing Dark Eldar in a campaign for the last few months, so I decided to break the marines back out for my next game day at the FLGS tomorrow.

The only HQ that I had painted up was Chaplain Cassius, who really only works if I bring my assault terminators.  I decided to shake things up, and Tigurius seems to be a badass in the new codex.

I've had this metal model of Tigurius from when I first got into 40k in the 2nd edition days.  I think I actually like this sculpt a lot better than the current one.  There's a lot of great detail in there.  I did put on a current backpack, though.

I just finished with the painting.  Once it cures a bit, I can hit it with some dullcoat, then finish the basing tomorrow morning before I head out to the game.

Ultramarines characters Tigurius
I didn't bother to set up the lightbox, so the lighting is a little weird.

I'm pretty happy with the results, although I wish the skull and wings on the top of the staff were a little more distinct from each other.

I haven't posted my Cassius here before.
Ultramarines characters Cassius
I think this is the single model that I'm proudest of.  The edge highlights of a mix of Reaper's Blue Liner and white does a good job of giving the black-on-black some definition, which has been my go-to solution since.  Which is good, cause I use a lot of black for my DE.

Last edited by Groke on Sun Dec 08 2013, 01:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed bad pronouns)
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Ultramarines characters   Ultramarines characters I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 12:59

Nice work! That blue edge highlighting works really nicely on Cassius, he looks nasty! How did the game go?

Slave
Groke

PostSubject: Re: Ultramarines characters   Ultramarines characters I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 20:25

Thanks! The game went well. I played with a young man I hadn't met before, which is always interesting. He played a Space Marine (Iron Hands)/Tau army.

Amusing highlights include:
* His Librarian's Vortex of Doom (12" S10 AP1 Blast) scattering right on top of the drop pod and tactical squad he just brought in, exploding the pod and killing half the marines
* Him trying to deep strike a unit of shooty terminators, a terminator librarian, and the Tau commander. He scattered onto terrain and mishapped twice in a row.
* Tigurius chilling with some marines, passing out buffs and debuffs like a champ, until his unit got shot up by the very late terminators, failed morale, and ran right off the board.
* His terminators/commander shrugging off 20+ wounds, with just a few drones going down

By the end I had wiped out most of his army. He had most of his late deep striking terminator/tau commander unit left, plus a few fire warriors. My Tigurius and combat squad were gone, plus a few individual marines and hull points scatter around, but I still had most of my army.

Final score was 11 to 5 VPs (3 objectives, first blood, linebreaker vs 1 objective, linebreaker, slay the warlord), with the my Ultramarines taking the day.
Back to top Go down
Groke
Slave
Groke

PostSubject: Re: Ultramarines characters   Ultramarines characters I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 05:35

I'm playing in a one-shot Space Marines fixed list/mirror match event next week. The list calls for a Terminator Chapter Master. I don't have an exact model, but I do have a Calgar in power armour that I started base coating almost 20 years ago. I decided it was time to finally give him his due.

Ultramarines characters Calgar

I'll probably blu-tack him to a 40mm base for the event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultramarines characters   Ultramarines characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultramarines characters
Page 1 of 1