THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with Ultramarines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Dealing with Ultramarines Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 14:15

Haven't faced them yet, but I know he'll be running bikes, centurians with Tigurious, storm talons, drop pod sternguard and probably TL Las Razorbacks. Here's my list, any insight on strategies would be AMAZING!:

HQ:

Vect

Troops:

10 Kabalite Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon; Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
10 Kabalite Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon; Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
9 wyches, (with Vect); Raider, flickerfields
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster;Venom dual splinter cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Venom dual splinter cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Venom dual splinter cannons

Elites:

3 Trueborn, 3 blasters; Venom dual splinter cannons
3 Trueborn, 3 blasters; Venom dual splinter cannons

Dedicated Transports (accounted for above)

Venom dual splinter cannons

Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
Raider, flickerfields,

Heavy Support:

Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Back to top Go down
Kepisaun
Slave
Kepisaun

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 15:42

I run a similar list with the duke instead of vect. If he has not played against dark eldar before we will probably try to use those bikes to "chase you". Let him do it, draw them away from the rest of his army, drop some dark light on them, laugh at him, and continue the game. Protect those ravagers. Ignore the storm talon, those things suck. If it becomes a problem, move close to his board edge(if you are playing this list correctly you will be there anyway) and force him to hover if he wants to shoot at you. Never faced centurions. They can split fire though so if they are not number one on you "stuff that needs to die" list, you have never played against a space mutt. That's just my humble opinion:). Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 17:13

Very very good advice. It sounds like you really know your stuff. I haven't fielded this army yet, but I'm not stranger to 40k, I've been a Daemon player for the last two years. Could you help me with general tactics, deployment, strategies etc?
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 19:41

Bikers are for us only expensive SM as we wound them at 4+ - same as the cheapest marine and mostly a waste of points. Drown them in poison while they are trying to catch you. :-) I usually keep my Darklight on vehicles and mow down bikers with splinter fire.

Pulling them out is a sound strategy. If he keeps his army compact, he will never catch you anyway. :-D
Back to top Go down
Kepisaun
Slave
Kepisaun

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 02:53

As you will see if you look at more than one thread on this site, There is more than one way to kill everyone with a Dark Eldar Army. Aurynn's advise is also sound, Splinter fire will work on 5-10 bikers, especially in the list you are running. Now that I know you are new to the Army I am going to tell you the secret to ANY good DE force... maneuverability. The one thing that everyone on this site will agree on (probably the only thing) is that we are the fastest army in the game...use that. All good advise will revolve around our ability to get where our opponent does not want us. This allows us to control the pace of the game, if anyone tries to take the ability to choose were and when things happen, laugh at them and drown them in splinter/dark light/haywire grenades. All that said I try to do 4 things whenever I play DE.
1) Move every turn. If you are standing still you are sooooooo wrong.
2) Force my opponent to play MY game. This is a nuance usually lost on new players, but seeing as how you have been playing for a while you probably understand this. Especially now with the ability to pre-measure everything there is no excuse for a DE player to be in range of a weapon or unit that he is not prepared to deal with. Nothing should surprise you.
3) Play hell with target priority. Judging from your list, you understand this. Everything is dangerous in your list... If your opponent chooses to ignore your venoms, ravagers, or trueborn, take that extra turn to get them in the PERFECT position and make him pay. Show him that EVERYTHING you bring is a threat all the time.
4) have fun and don't be a sore looser or a bad winner:), there is no reason to be a jerk in either case. This is only a game. You have the potential to table anyone who does not respect your force. I have been playing this army since 3rd ED and I cannot tell you how many times I have tabled the Neck Beard in the shop who is undefeated with some gate of infinity/ Shrike with terminators/ Tau farseer/ death company/ IG vendetta spam/ Two land raiders at 1000 PTS/ Dual Lash of pain with vindicators/ Necron Flyer spam, After he mentioned how horrible the Dark elder truly are. This Army is difficult to play. You will lose ALOT at first. But once you get the hang of it... No one outside of tournament play will be able to touch you. You will write lists in the middle of the night and cackle wildly because they are so dirty, play them once against your friends, and never play them again, because if you destroy everyone all the time, no one will like to play against you. And without anyone to play with, not only are some weirdo that plays with plastic dolls, you are a weirdo who plays with plastic dolls by himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Ultramarines   Dealing with Ultramarines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Ultramarines
Page 1 of 1